IGNORED

Unbelievable

Bs4Red

First off what a win, absolutely buzzing and what a better feeling it is being in the right end of a late goal. 

Awful awful first half but what a change second half and let's be honest, only one person can take credit. LJ saw that we were ineffective, brought Kodjia and Freeman off who were both awful and chucked Bobby and Odenwigne on. What a difference, Bobby come into the pitch and finally we had a player passing forward and making forward runs. 

Man of the Match goes to Marlon who even without his goal was absolutely fantastic today. Commanding and excellent on the ball. 

Great free kick from Tomlin after playing rather poorly. 

BUZZING, 3 wins away now I reckon!

Yes. I am with you. Was unsure about the subs(Kodjia anyway). Wilbs didn't look very good first half. What happened though was that we subbed off our two worst offenders of holding onto the ball too long. This proved to be genius as everyone else moved it quick and efficiently breaking Fulham's pressing down. What a lovely result and hats off to LJ for making a decision that could've proved quite unpopular. Doesn't care what your name is, if you're not doing what is asked, you're off. 

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Thanks for the summary @Bs4Red 

Freeman's been the weak link all season. No idea why he's been so bad, maybe the step up is too much for him.

BR seems to play much better away from AG but if I were LJ I'd be picking him every time over LF.

The pressure of being our playmaker but creating little has got to him in my opinion. he has tried harder and harder in all the wrong areas and his confidence has dropped in relation.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The pressure of being our playmaker but creating little has got to him in my opinion. he has tried harder and harder in all the wrong areas and his confidence has dropped in relation.

Get what you're saying but he just isn't cutting it at this level,trying to hard maybe,league 1 is his level and he will be a wanderer 

Yes - well done to Lee J. Taking off Freeman and Kodjia was a gamble as they have been regulars in the team. But, as has been said, they are the two players guilty of over elaboration, so he did something about it. I don't think Cotts would have made two substitutions at half time.  

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes. I am with you. Was unsure about the subs(Kodjia anyway). Wilbs didn't look very good first half. What happened though was that we subbed off our two worst offenders of holding onto the ball too long. This proved to be genius as everyone else moved it quick and efficiently breaking Fulham's pressing down. What a lovely result and hats off to LJ for making a decision that could've proved quite unpopular. Doesn't care what your name is, if you're not doing what is asked, you're off. 

Totally with you mate, thought Wilbs was absolutely useless as per and Tomlin held onto it too long again but that's what he's our side for, moments of absolute MAGIC. 

Over the moon for the boys and especially LJ and Bobby who both get extremely uneccessary flack at times.

YOU REDS

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Get what you're saying but he just isn't cutting it at this level,trying to hard maybe,league 1 is his level and he will be a wanderer 

I don't think that personally, he is a good player and I think he is good enough at this level, just needs to understand how to simplify the way he plays. Players  lose form and /or confidence, but it doesn't make them bad players.

5 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Also HUGE HUGE shout to Richie O'donnell for a phenomenal save diving at the feet of Dembele at 1-0, massive game changer that. After his clanger Tuesday he is forgiven

That one and one near the end of the match maybe right before Tomlin FK. Don't know how we kept it out but fair play to the boys. Were much quicker to 50/50 balls in the second half. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think that personally, he is a good player and I think he is good enough at this level, just needs to understand how to simplify the way he plays. Players  lose form and /or confidence, but it doesn't make them bad players.

He's not a kid any more,he is a good player and if he doesn't know how to simplify his game now he never will.players do find form or confidence,he's just lucky our squad is paper thin that he has to start or be on the bench,any team in the top 10 and he wouldn't make the bench

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You can be a good player but not good enough for the level you are at. Freeman should already be able to simplify his game. Anyway 3 points on the road what a day!!

4 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

True but LJ has a more diverse squad. Not taking anything away from his tactical awareness today however.

You say that, but it's only two players really. Tomlin and Golbourne. 

And even then Golbourne is a left back, not strongest as a wing back, and given SC showed no sign of changing from 3-5-2 he probably wouldn't have wanted/played him!

43 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Hats off to LJ. I must admit I was very surprised by the changes, even though Freeman was poor and collectively we were dismal first half. Decisive & brave changes by LJ & he deserves full credit. Do people still want Warnock now?

Yes I do. 

That said, fair play to Johnson. Very important win against relegation rivals. Brave subs. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

You say that, but it's only two players really. Tomlin and Golbourne. 

And even then Golbourne is a left back, not strongest as a wing back, and given SC showed no sign of changing from 3-5-2 he probably wouldn't have wanted/played him!

And Matthews and Odemwingie, though both signed as loans by LJ.

1 minute ago, City169 said:

And Matthews and Odemwingie, though both signed as loans by LJ.

Absolutely, aware of them both. But Matthews has played 1 and a half games (half in a loss to Wolves) and Odemwingie, half.

Not had much time to make an impact yet!

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Warnock has done worse for Rotherham so far than LJ has done for us.

Very much a marathon not a sprint. Warnock's side won't go down with a whimper as today proved. If anything it's shows there character. 

If Johnson has done the business at the end of the season then great. That's what we all want, doesn't mean I have to agree with his appointment. Like I said, great win though. 3 vital points. Fair play to him for turning it around after the 1st half showing. 

56 minutes ago, fairweather said:

Brilliant atmosphere from the city fans. Brilliant win after an awful first half and yes very decisive changes at half time. Brilliant for me because my daughter came to her first game and is now hooked so I am no longer just dependent on my son being free to go to games.

Double result then mate!

Archived