IGNORED

Predicted final table on current form

finbarr_in_z

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

This table must be done on average form so far over the season...not 'current' form.

That still wouldn't make sense as we have better form than Fulham and Rotherham over the season, hence being above them in the table. 

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

This table must be done on average form so far over the season...not 'current' form.

If that was the case then it would always be the same final table as it is now (give or take a few games in hand); the table is an average so far over the season.

The site says:

Below you will see the predicted results for the remainder of the season, along with the percentage likelihood of the match resulting in a 'home' win, a 'draw' or an 'away' win. The predictions are re-calculated after every goal is scored!

If only predictions were this easy and football followed the rules.

I suspect the bottom two places are booked, it's just the last place that everyone up to Blackburn probably should be worried about.

What I forgot to add in my post above, was that the average form of each side is taken into consideration...then each remaining fixture taken into account.

It's not overall...but dependent on what teams you are playing in your remaining fixtures, and takes into account their form.

Averaging just doesn't work in football.

Managers/players/owners/etc. change through out the season. You'd be better off trying to predicting results based on which direction the wind is blowing.

Archived