IGNORED

Matthews

mattjtsmith

Mathews reminds me of Wade Elliot. He was off the pace when he arrived but after a few games he demonstrated what a good player he was. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mathews develops in the coming matches.  

14 minutes ago, Big C said:

I don't know I haven't seen Luke put in many crosses like Matthews did for Jimmy's goal

I meant Ayling bombs forward more and is better on the ball but that Matthews is better defensively and better crossing than Ayling. 

I think there is an incredible irony that this thread was started by someone calling themselves Matt Smith, because he was the last player that was unfairly written off early whilst clearly not match fit, only to become one of our best performers. 

We have often had good left backs here in the past, but I am struggling to remember a more effective right back this century, loius before he moved to centre half, was pretty good in League One, Bradley Orr was a trier, but for sherr quality this guy takes it. That cross for the first goal had everything pace and accuracy delivered with no preamble. if Tomlins beautifully cushioned volley had gone straight in, that would have been my goal of the season.

I hope @Tomarse is right and the deal to sign him is done, because we need players of this quality.

Archived