IGNORED

20 years ago today

BS15_RED

Remember the day well, Bath by train, drinks in the Centre then walk to Trumpton. Watch the match then go to Oldfield Park station which was lively with lots of old bill on the station back to Wedlocks where Joe Jordan and the team came in for a beer. I remember Brian Tinnion not being complimentary of Andy Gurney.

Used to own a "We Thumped Em at Trumpton" T-shirt too.

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

By your own admission, you forget about them all.

I remembered that Agostino ended up in Germany and Seal in some non league outfit. No idea where any of the others went after City. Hang on....didn't Hewlett end up at Swindon? :dunno:

Tinnion is still at City of course.

what a day!!! as i remember, there were sporadic brawls throughout the game at the front with the police, not to mention on their side terrace - pretty much every time a goal went in. it was a wonderful feeling to bury the ghost of trumpton. Cannot - believe it's 20 years mind - where does time go :/ 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I remembered that Agostino ended up in Germany and Seal in some non league outfit. No idea where any of the others went after City. Hang on....didn't Hewlett end up at Swindon? :dunno:

Tinnion is still at City of course.

Agostino went to 1860 Munich, Seal had a spell at Northampton (scoring against us while on loan from us) then had many seasons at Mangotsfield.

11 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Remember the day well, Bath by train, drinks in the Centre then walk to Trumpton. Watch the match then go to Oldfield Park station which was lively with lots of old bill on the station back to Wedlocks where Joe Jordan and the team came in for a beer. I remember Brian Tinnion not being complimentary of Andy Gurney.

Used to own a "We Thumped Em at Trumpton" T-shirt too.

Andy Gurney is a nasty piece of work, so I don't blame him

I'm not sure but I think this was my first away game. My main memory's of this was hiding anything city related in the car before the game, being told to stop poking my arm through the gates at the front because "They are a bunch of ***** and they will break your arm" and then after the game when walking out being told to shut up by my uncle because I was shouting 4-2 as we walked back to the car.

I was in deepest darkest Western Australia then and in the early morning local time managed to pick up BBC World Service on my radio for long enough to hear 'sports report' and the final score.  Spent the next couple of hours annoying the hell out of the campsite with drunken renditions of 'we beat the gas 4-2!'

I often wonder how Rovers may have faired had they stayed it bath? They couldn't have done much worse Tbh.

They are their own worst enemies in that they measure their success against ours. Their ultimate goal is to finish higher than us. Currently they take any small victory they can (more fans going to Notts)

I just feel this weird obession with us has held them back for many years and they may well have flourished out in Bath.

Archived