IGNORED

Cars that fell out the Ugly Tree

RedRock

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Convertible = skip. Twin exhausts = wheelbarrow. 

I miss all the Skoda jokes, now they are quite good.

Heated rear windscreen to keep your hands warm while pushing it... more! 

19 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

The world HAS gone mad, then.

Have you ever driven one or been in one ? 

They are really fun , not for long hauls admittedly but for driving across the fields to go and by your baguette they are excellent .

The cars first went on sale in 1948 , yes, 1948 ! and were designed to help mobilise the population with à cheap and easy to maintain design .

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Have you ever driven one or been in one ? 

They are really fun , not for long hauls admittedly but for driving across the fields to go and by your baguette they are excellent .

The cars first went on sale in 1948 , yes, 1948 ! and were designed to help mobilise the population with à cheap and easy to maintain design .

Yes, I nearly shat myself.

11 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Hillman Imp, horrible little car that blew head gaskets as often as it needed filling with fuel........

Also the early models had the interesting habit of doing wheelies when at speed ! 

The combined engineering brilliance at Rootes combatted this by putting concrète blocks in the front end .

On 18 March 2016 at 07:39, The Gasbuster said:

The 0.6 litre (:laughcont:) Shitroen 2CV6 !

Once very aptly described as "an upturned corrugated iron pram", by Jasper Carrot ! :rofl2br:

th?&id=OIP.Mf83e65d33b3c1c980e829e113248

Who would want to be seen alive in this heap of shite ?!

I saw an article where one of these was fitted with a 2L straight six Triumph engine....did 115mph!

On 3/17/2016 at 18:02, The Gasbuster said:

Close the thread !!

th?&id=OIP.Md50514918e99a05fb7e7f9e048a0

The Fiat Multipla.

Without doubt, the ugliest car ever built.

It looks like a moose with a very big forehead.

My brother in law had one of those, it looked like there were two build teams working in the factory where one side had used inches while the other was using cm, got to final assembly and thought, ***** it just weld it to the top, the boss will never know.

2 minutes ago, screech said:

My brother in law had one of those, it looked like there were two build teams working in the factory where one side had used inches while the other was using cm, got to final assembly and thought, ***** it just weld it to the top, the boss will never know.

Supposedly good cars, but looks that could curdle milk.

6 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I learnt to drive in an Austin 1800. It was like navigating a grain barge.

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

But spacious and could cruise all day long at 100mph on the motorway.

Had an old one for a few years only payed a hundred quid for it (with new mot a couple months tax) .... Loved it, all that space and 'proper seats' .. Liked the twin headlights too, no matter what time of night it was -it was always day-time!

Rusty seals done for it in the end. 

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Had an old one for a few years only payed a hundred quid for it (with new mot a couple months tax) .... Loved it, all that space and 'proper seats' .. Liked the twin headlights too, no matter what time of night it was -it was always day-time!

Rusty seals done for it in the end. 

I learnt in my dad's. Hydrolastic suspension went tits up. He managed to palm it off to some sucker.

On 17 March 2016 at 18:02, The Gasbuster said:

Close the thread !!

th?&id=OIP.Md50514918e99a05fb7e7f9e048a0

The Fiat Multipla.

Without doubt, the ugliest car ever built.

It looks like a moose with a very big forehead.

I clicked on this thread just to nominate this, glad lots of others feel the same. I actually look and see who is driving when I see one of these, I can't believe out of all the cars out there people choose this!

Another car I hate is the Fiat 500 cars, tons of the stupid things about at the moment, hideous small fugly things, disgusting colours, mint green, bridge, yuck.

And regarding the Citroen 2CV pram, in my first job I was classroom assistant to a teacher who had one of these. I didn't drive at the time and she would often offer me a lift, I made every excuse not to have a lift as I didn't want to be seen that car, yup I'd stand on a bus stop in mid-winter freezing my arse off waiting for 2 buses rather than have a ride in that! One day after a course she did drop me home, took me right to outside my door which was good of her but I was mortified and hoped nobody would see me!!! The car had a very odd gearbox which she seemed to stir until one hap-hazardly selected itself, and the windows you didn't wind up and down, you pushed them open like a flap!!! 

12 hours ago, RedM said:

I clicked on this thread just to nominate this, glad lots of others feel the same. I actually look and see who is driving when I see one of these, I can't believe out of all the cars out there people choose this!

Another car I hate is the Fiat 500 cars, tons of the stupid things about at the moment, hideous small fugly things, disgusting colours, mint green, bridge, yuck.

And regarding the Citroen 2CV pram, in my first job I was classroom assistant to a teacher who had one of these. I didn't drive at the time and she would often offer me a lift, I made every excuse not to have a lift as I didn't want to be seen that car, yup I'd stand on a bus stop in mid-winter freezing my arse off waiting for 2 buses rather than have a ride in that! One day after a course she did drop me home, took me right to outside my door which was good of her but I was mortified and hoped nobody would see me!!! The car had a very odd gearbox which she seemed to stir until one hap-hazardly selected itself, and the windows you didn't wind up and down, you pushed them open like a flap!!! 

:laughcont:

Be careful, I think the Major is a big fan, or possibly an owner of one of these things ! (see above).

Decent set of suggestions, though still think the Suzuki takes the trophy. 

If only I could post a picture of it. Not only is it obscenely ugly in form, but in function it is a total joke as well. A normal length car, but just a 'pod' added in the middle for 2 people.

Truly shocking.

Archived