IGNORED

What I love. . .

Dollymarie

2 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

Tenby.

Fantastic beaches nice pubs good food

Easy to get to

Great place for a weekend away

Twas Tenby (possibly Saundersfoot) whilst on a family holiday aged about thirteen/fourteen that I entered a chippy asked for a Cod Lot and the staff serving there had no idea wtf I was asking for... Had to repeat my order several times to the bewilderment of staff vab and customers alike before uttering the words fish and chips. I felt like sone kind of bloody alien and remember feeling embarrassment at being looked at so blankly by a number of weird Welsh people.

Shortly after that holiday experience I came to realise that the phrase Cod Lot was (& still is, just) pretty much unique to Bristol and the region.

PS.. The Tenby  'Cod Lot' actually turned out to be gert-lush innit my babbers :)

After a tough tiring week going straight from work to take Auntie to see her Son-in-Law after a massive op, expecting to find him in  a bad way, but to find him doing really well.

Chatting to his parents finding out they knew my old man (no longer with us) and them telling me what a top man he was. On way home my Auntie saying that me taking her to see her Son-in-law was like having my Dad back.

Finally, off for my cod lot only to realise I have randomly got the wallet I lost 4 months ago. Apart from all the cards in there long being stopped there was also £1.06, 2 half-filled coffee loyalty cards and a forgotten betting slip with £34.50 winnings on.

It's the unexpected little good things when you least expect them that I love.

Seeing old friends and the smiles on their faces,

Backing a winner at Cheltenham races

The sound that my microwave makes when it dings

These are a few of my favourite things.

Days when we're winning and Rovers are losing

A cider at lunchtime an afternoon snoozing

A walk in the country, the thrush when it sings

These are a few of my favourite things

Bright summer sunshine a house full of laughter

Meeting my lady for dinner....and after

Listening to music the pleasure it brings

When my back aches, when my knee creaks

When I've got the flu

I simply remember my favourite things 

And then I don't feel so blue.

2 hours ago, marshy said:

Seeing old friends and the smiles on their faces,

Backing a winner at Cheltenham races

The sound that my microwave makes when it dings

These are a few of my favourite things.

Days when we're winning and Rovers are losing

A cider at lunchtime an afternoon snoozing

A walk in the country, the thrush when it sings

Bright summer sunshine a house full of laughter

Meeting my lady for dinner....and after

Listening to music the pleasure it brings

When my back aches, when my knee creaks

When I've got the flu

I simply remember my favourite things 

And then I don't feel so blue.

'Ark at Oscar Hammerstein III there! ;)

A good effort there @marshy

I am going to take it down to a baser level and say I like a good pub crawl once in a while. Especially one starting in the afternoon on a weekday.  There's something very comforting about sitting in a pub with your mates, laughing and knocking them back while outside the normals are all having to work. 

...lazing around in bed on a bank holiday Monday, checking out old photos of then & now Ashton Gate, making a few silly posts myself then coming across a few of Marshy's favourite things (nice one Marshy BTW, brilliant)..

On days like these -just gotta love a couple of hours surfing good ol' Otib. :)

On 5/2/2016 at 10:59, Red-Robbo said:

'Ark at Oscar Hammerstein III there! ;)

A good effort there @marshy

I am going to take it down to a baser level and say I like a good pub crawl once in a while. Especially one starting in the afternoon on a weekday.  There's something very comforting about sitting in a pub with your mates, laughing and knocking them back while outside the normals are all having to work. 

Have to agree with you there Robbo. As a retiree, and sparing you the details, I can confirm that memorable things can happen on those midweek days, the enjoyment increased a hundred fold in the knowledge that the rest of the world, especially former colleagues, are out at work trying to scrape together a living.

It's got to be the plague of utter morons who now grace our streets, staring it their mobile phones, as they bump into you.

Utter scuffers.

They even do it as they cross the road.

Nearly saw one of them get mown down the other day: they did not even look up from their phone.

Nice society we live in ...........

Uncle TFR

On 27/04/2016 at 00:36, WhistleHappy said:

Twas Tenby (possibly Saundersfoot) whilst on a family holiday aged about thirteen/fourteen that I entered a chippy asked for a Cod Lot and the staff serving there had no idea wtf I was asking for... Had to repeat my order several times to the bewilderment of staff vab and customers alike before uttering the words fish and chips. I felt like sone kind of bloody alien and remember feeling embarrassment at being looked at so blankly by a number of weird Welsh people.

Shortly after that holiday experience I came to realise that the phrase Cod Lot was (& still is, just) pretty much unique to Bristol and the region.

PS.. The Tenby  'Cod Lot' actually turned out to be gert-lush innit my babbers :)

I've lived in Bristol my entire life, but... What the hell is a Cod Lot? :dunno:

11 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I've lived in Bristol my entire life, but... What the hell is a Cod Lot? :dunno:

It's the fish's nadger and scrotum / testicles fried with chips and curry Source.

Are you sure you are from Bristol?

Common knowledge - I assume then you rarely leave Clifton village!

Uncle TFR

12 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

4 hours ago, Aizoon said:

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Thanks for the enlightening reply :huh:

...ouch, that probably feels like a slap in the face with a wet fish. ;)

Archived