Jump to content
IGNORED

Jay Spearing


BarmyArmy

Recommended Posts

Like many of their players mentioned on here if they are so good how come they are miles adrift?

Charlton stole a point but looked like a pub team at AG and even they have more points than Bolton..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There does seem to be a sense of not wanting to play for Lennon.  They do have some reasonable players, just not enough.

I do expect us to run out winners, but they have drawn a lot.

Don't think it's anything to do with Lennon - at least not until all that "personal " stuff arose, much more to do with their demise over the past few seasons and the fact that they have some players that have some serious money coming in, and have had for a while , and don't appear to care too much.

That said, I am concerned about tomorrow , I think they could cause a problem or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Like many of their players mentioned on here if they are so good how come they are miles adrift?

Charlton stole a point but looked like a pub team at AG and even they have more points than Bolton..

It doesn't always work like that though. When we went down we had plenty of players that were good enough for this level and proved that after they left but we just didn't have a good team or enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubt anyone would take a fair few of their players, with the money they're being paid.

They were indeed leaked:

Mark Davies - £18k per week
Jay Spearing - £18k per week
David Wheater - £17k per week
Ben Amos - £16k per week
Darren Pratley - £14k per week
Neil Danns - £10k per week
Derik Osede - £10k per week
Dorian Dervite - £9k per week
Gary Madine - £8k per week
Emile Heskey - £7k per week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scrumpy said:

Doubt anyone would take a fair few of their players, with the money they're being paid.

They were indeed leaked:

Mark Davies - £18k per week
Jay Spearing - £18k per week
David Wheater - £17k per week
Ben Amos - £16k per week
Darren Pratley - £14k per week
Neil Danns - £10k per week
Derik Osede - £10k per week
Dorian Dervite - £9k per week
Gary Madine - £8k per week
Emile Heskey - £7k per week

A source put this as the Bolton wages. No confirmation.  It's been widely reproduced,  but I wouldn't take it as gospel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There does seem to be a sense of not wanting to play for Lennon.  They do have some reasonable players, just not enough.

I do expect us to run out winners, but they have drawn a lot.

Don't be too suprised....1-1 all day long.we shouldent hope for favours,but,"come on Ipswich"!!......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gilts said:

Not at city they won't be, expect we're only paying a percentage of those. Both clubs want rid. 

Yep, but the post I was responding to disagreed with getting Spearing in because he is on £18k a week at his current club.

So where's the difference between that situation and the loans of Tomlin and Odemwingie?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but the post I was responding to disagreed with getting Spearing in because he is on £18k a week at his current club.

So where's the difference between that situation and the loans of Tomlin and Odemwingie?

Simply the fact that at present we have made no long term commitment to pay players these sort of sums. There is a vast difference between paying Odemwingie whatever we have agreed for 2 months (and my guess is that it is far less than Spearing, seeing as Stoke have already told him he is being released in June) with what today's opponents are doing.

In the summer whilst already £170m in debt, Bolton agreed to pay Amos £16k a week for four years with no clause that it went down following relegation. That is financial mismanagement on a Cardiff scale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Simply the fact that at present we have made no long term commitment to pay players these sort of sums. There is a vast difference between paying Odemwingie whatever we have agreed for 2 months (and my guess is that it is far less than Spearing, seeing as Stoke have already told him he is being released in June) with what today's opponents are doing.

In the summer whilst already £170m in debt, Bolton agreed to pay Amos £16k a week for four years with no clause that it went down following relegation. That is financial mismanagement on a Cardiff scale.

I know but I simply replied to a post that basically said we shouldn't get Spearing in on loan because he is on £18k a week, yet we didn't dismiss the loans of Tomlin and Odemwingie because of their wages. We obviously came up with a solution that suited both clubs in their cases.

So, why can't we do the same with Spearing?

I'm not saying anything about long term commitments etc, just wanted to know why Spearing is out of reach because he is currently, allegedly, on £18k a week yet Tomlin and Odemwingie weren't out of reach despite both being premier league players?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...