IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Bolton Forum in meltdown mode

From their forum:

Gravedigger wrote:
And each goal scored by a different player. We must be crap. Bet their goalie gets one in as well. 8)

8 on target and 6 go in.

Not a bad return. In fact how shit are they only getting 6 against us.

I just cant stop laughing that this which was linked a few posts ago, here it is again as its funny :yawn:

Edited by CiderHider
27 minutes ago, mikep said:

Fantastic result. I never rated Lee as a player but I am beginning to wonder if he might just have something about him that could make him a half decent manager.

As I understand it, LJ was always more interested in being a manager, his time as a player was more about learning and preparing for management rather than being a great player.

Maybe it will turn out that we were lucky that he served that playing apprenticeship with us!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Reds2016 said:

Next fixtures;

Mk Dons v Fulham 

Hull v Bristol C

Rotherham v Leeds 

Nerves are starting now!

Derby, hull and QPR will be very interesting, whats the bet QPR last day need something? 

haha would be funny if it was at the expensive of Hull, I would be happy  to take a beating from QPR if Hull ended up losing out... It would be fate?   LJ here to avenge his father, to smite down the dirty Hull!!!1

YES!

Edited by CiderHider
6 minutes ago, CiderHider said:
From their forum:

Gravedigger wrote:
And each goal scored by a different player. We must be crap. Bet their goalie gets one in as well. 8)

8 on target and 6 go in.

Not a bad return. In fact how shit are they only getting 6 against us.

I just cant stop laughing that this which was linked a few posts ago, here it is again as its funny :yawn:

This amused me,  on the possibility of their caretaker manager getting the job full time:

"Infact, if this was a real job interview, he's gone in, asked the female director to put the kettle on milk and one please love, slapped her arse on the way out, called her "a nice bit of totty", dropped his kegs and done a helicopter..."

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, mikep said:

Fantastic result. I never rated Lee as a player but I am beginning to wonder if he might just have something about him that could make him a half decent manager.

Whats with the 'sizest' comments ?

LJ might not be the biggest bloke in the World, but he's doing OK in management so far and if he becomes recognised as a decent manager he'll be the complete package.

Half - decent manager my arse, today he's a giant!

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

Messi isn't good enough at this level if he plays as a defensive midfielder 

But it is for a coach / manager to establish the best position for a player and then coach them to improve. Could make the same comment about Pack whose performances have been excellent. Let's not forget no Smith and Pack has steeped up 

1 minute ago, daored said:

But it is for a coach / manager to establish the best position for a player and then coach them to improve. Could make the same comment about Pack whose performances have been excellent. Let's not forget no Smith and Pack has steeped up 

Yeah I agree, but players will have their favoured positions and systems to suit their game. Reid is never a Korey type player, it's just not his game. SC was his own downfall - the players only did what they were told.

Packs inprovement has come since we have had a back 4. As a result he can play his more natural game which is midfield and not having to always be going backwards to cover. 

Your point seems right re Joe Bryan. Seems LJ has looked at his game and slotted him in where he can make the most of his talents. 

Good management, long may it continue 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Just Red said:

No nerves here. With 8 games to play I'd say we're almost safe. In fact I'd be confident enough to say we will 100% stay up.

The only thing I would say is that before the Cardiff game we had an 8 point gap and less than four days later it was a 2 point gap. So we have already seen how quickly things can turn around.

I'm confident, but at the moment we are only two bad results away from another OTIB meltdown!

• Like 2

Fantastic result, and on the eve of a two week break it is pretty much the best 'full stop' we could have expected on what I suppose could be seen as LJ's honeymoon period.

Plenty were attributing the early results to his simply using Pembo's changed team, but after last week's half-time tweaks, and the perfomace today (saw about 45 mins between the 40th and 90th min), there can be no question he is looking for them to build on what he found and play a certain way.

Onwards and upwards now, and good to hear LJ speaking of impressing not just other players but the team we have now, in order to see if they want to jump on for the longer term; all the new additions look to add something, and if we got several on board we'd certainly be a different proposition next year.

Looking to be at Hull next time out; have the possibility of some freebie tickets, but as they might be with Hull fans, think I'll be turning them down to get in the away end, as with the respective form of our sides, I might get in bother celebrating near them!

Great, great day.

COYR

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The only thing I would say is that before the Cardiff game we had an 8 point gap and less than four days later it was a 2 point gap. So we have already seen how quickly things can turn around.

I'm confident, but at the moment we are only two bad results away from another OTIB meltdown!

Yep, we lose to Hull and a couple of the others win and we will not look so safe, a couple of months back 46 points looked to be the safety target but it will probably be 50+ now !

Work to be done but the goal difference swing we got today could be crucial, almost a 4 point game.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We've picked up quite a few points since then, but so have some others around us (other than Bolton and Charlton who are increasingly adrift), and some of those above us have struggled more, pulling a few of them into the position where they could get into trouble.  We're only 5 points away from the top half of the table (plus some goal difference), which just shows how many could be involved depending on good or bad runs in to the final few games.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bolton a classic example of overpaid yesterdays men, playing like they couldn't give a ****, Wheater and Moxey should be ashamed to pick up their wage packets, they were especially embarrassing.

I think that`s part of their problem Es, they haven`t been picking up their wage packets for some time now.