IGNORED

Four point win

Mr Yoda

35 minutes ago, Mr Yoda said:

Cracking win , confidence must be through the roof and the goal difference now much better...a 4 point win really, happy days!

Good win today. The big one is Rotherham for me. A win would all but see us stay up. A draw wouldn't be awful. A loss could be devastating. Our recent form is that of a top 6 team but we had such a bad first 25 games that it's hard for any of us to believe we will finish well above bottom 3. I hope we keep this up because it's been great!

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The big one is Rotherham for me. A win would all but see us stay up. A draw wouldn't be awful. A loss could be devastating.

History repeating itself? 67-68 City & Rotherham were near the foot of the table. Towards the end of the season; City 1 - Rotherham 2 and we all went home thinking it was the end of the world. However City won at Charlton that season to stay up whilst Rotherham were relegated.

39 minutes ago, 22A said:

History repeating itself? 67-68 City & Rotherham were near the foot of the table. Towards the end of the season; City 1 - Rotherham 2 and we all went home thinking it was the end of the world. However City won at Charlton that season to stay up whilst Rotherham were relegated.

I think you'll find it was 0-1  (Friday night)

1 hour ago, reddevon said:

Since January 1 , we are a top six team and in the 8 games since LJ appointed we are third!

And odemwingie has only had 2 games with us. If he sticks around and fires in the goals, we could have a very competitive team next season.

it is key we sign up these loan players on permanent deals and extend the contracts of our existing players

4 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

And odemwingie has only had 2 games with us. If he sticks around and fires in the goals, we could have a very competitive team next season.

it is key we sign up these loan players on permanent deals and extend the contracts of our existing players

If we signed Tomlin and Odemwingie, both creative quality players and just beef up the squad we could, just could be a force or at least a top half side.

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Good win today. The big one is Rotherham for me. A win would all but see us stay up. A draw wouldn't be awful. A loss could be devastating. Our recent form is that of a top 6 team but we had such a bad first 25 games that it's hard for any of us to believe we will finish well above bottom 3. I hope we keep this up because it's been great!

Your comment about our form being top 6 - I think that if we had been able to get this group of players altogether in August, then not only do I think we wouldn't even talking about relegation, but we would be comfortably mid table at the very least. Maybe even pushing for that top 6 you mention.

Saying that though, we would still have SC, and probably still be playing 352. Maybe not then....

This group of players next season (if we can sign the loan guys) with a few quality additions, and I think we'll be in a completely different position this time next year.

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Your comment about our form being top 6 - I think that if we had been able to get this group of players altogether in August, then not only do I think we wouldn't even talking about relegation, but we would be comfortably mid table at the very least. Maybe even pushing for that top 6 you mention.

Saying that though, we would still have SC, and probably still be playing 352. Maybe not then....

This group of players next season (if we can sign the loan guys) with a few quality additions, and I think we'll be in a completely different position this time next year.

It`s certainly starting to take shape. I can see us signing Matthews and Tomlin on perms, Baker too hopefully but not too confident about that one. Odemwingie, who knows - wages would be an issue but would he fancy the challenge? Virtually every player who`s been here, despite how they may have been treated by the club, have gone out of their way to say what a great bunch we have here and that must count for a lot. I wouldn`t look to get rid/release any of our perms except perhaps Wilbs if he doesn`t fancy another year or Waggy if he wants game time elsewhere - be more than happy if he stayed though.

If we can keep the squad we`ve got, sign some or all of the loans, and get a couple more in I can see us at the very least not being in trouble next year.

Archived