IGNORED

Bryan's goal

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Why is Kodjia even trying to get a touch? It was going in anyway judging by the highlights, I'd be disappointed in him if j was Bryan!

Because Kodjia didn't have the benefit of the highlights to judge whether it was going in. Absolutely right that he made certain, and as poster above has said its good to have a striker who does that. 

19 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Because Kodjia didn't have the benefit of the highlights to judge whether it was going in. Absolutely right that he made certain, and as poster above has said its good to have a striker who does that. 

I agree, watched it over a few times now on Channel 5. It was going in off the post I think, Kodjia definitely got a touch and he was right to try and do so - I've been there before myself, I was certain a team mates shot was going in so left it alone - it came back off the inside of the post and got cleared away, I got absolute pelters from my team mates!!! 

I slowed it down on the highlights and Johnny definitely nicked it, but it was heading toward the post, (in off, I think, but ok didn't have the benefit if showing it down) but it's all margins, so like others have said, it's nice to actually have a striker who wants to make sure.

One thing we can all agree on I think is that whoever is credited with the final touch it was JBs goal all over even if he didn't score it!

Cotterill kept getting such a simple thing wrong all season - until sacked! LJ got it spot on yesterday and took off a knackered Wilbraham on the hour mark and then brought on the pace of Kodjia to hassle a demorolised defense for the last half hour. Perfect management.

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Why is Kodjia even trying to get a touch? It was going in anyway judging by the highlights, I'd be disappointed in him if j was Bryan!

Because he's a striker/goal scorer and that's what they do.

Just say it had hit the post and come back out, if he hadn't followed it in,I'm sure  LJ would have bollocked him!

9 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Because he is a striker. And one of the first things a good striker will do is make sure he follows up everything and the ball goes over the line.

That went right in the corner. Imagine being Kodjia and playing that situation out in 'real time'. He would have had a split second to make his move.

If he had left it and it had gone wide...or pinged off the post....people would be moaning he hadn't done his job and followed it up.

He did the right thing 

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Because he's a striker/goal scorer and that's what they do.

Just say it had hit the post and come back out, if he hadn't followed it in,I'm sure  LJ would have bollocked him!

I just literally posted the same thing.

Shows we must think the same way....

Unlucky for you mate :blink:

3 hours ago, MigratedRobin said:

Cotterill kept getting such a simple thing wrong all season - until sacked! LJ got it spot on yesterday and took off a knackered Wilbraham on the hour mark and then brought on the pace of Kodjia to hassle a demorolised defense for the last half hour. Perfect management.

Said exactly the same thing to my old man. As a lot know, I've been quite critical of Johnson but he got that sub spot on.  Really was the perfect time to bring Kodjia on. The game was stretched and was a great chance for JK to run at players and get a goal or two. Great for his confidence.

Well played 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

They can give it to who they want - but Kodjia touched it in and its his goal.

Nah I think you can give it to you want but seeing every media outlet and the official site is saying Joe I think it is going in the record books as Joe's goal :P

14 minutes ago, cynic said:

They can give it to who they want - but Kodjia touched it in and its his goal.

6 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Adam Baker tweeted yesterday that the club were going to get in touch with the Football League to give the goal to Kodjia.

I stand corrected :fear::thumbsup:

On 3/20/2016 at 14:38, BobbyC said:

It would be good if it was Bryan's goal because i can't remember the last time we had six different goal scorers in the same match ?.

St Albens in 96 we had 5 different i think ?

Anyone know when we had six ?

Didn't this happen in the promotion game at Bradford last year?

Sorry, Tavernier got 2

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I watched the replays about five times and I'd hate to be the person making the final decision.  My feeling is Kodjia didn't touch it but I'm far from certain.

I thought the final replay on the Football League show showed fairly conclusively that he DID touch the ball (the ball changed direction ever so slightly) but  not sure if it was already over the line.

17 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

I thought the final replay on the Football League show showed fairly conclusively that he DID touch the ball (the ball changed direction ever so slightly) but  not sure if it was already over the line.

I couldn't decide of the ball changed direction or not or whether he was over the line by the time it happened.  Some angles I'd say no to either, some I'd say yes to one or the other, and some I'd say yes to both.  

Archived