IGNORED

Derbies

The Manc derby today was a passionless pathetic damp squib, barely a meaty tackle to talk of, far too many players barely breaking a sweat at times, Aguero flouncing around every time he was touched and the ball kicked out for players suffering with cramp FFS.

At least the North east derby well short on quality had a bit of passion to it.

Has been for ages, I get sick and tired of the media hyping it up and always making it the 'feature' game with the 4pm Sunday kick-off, I was far more interested in Spurs v Bournemouth today, only looked at the Manc score 10 minutes ago..

So many better derbies to focus on, guess I'm glad we only play Rovers once every couple of years because it keeps it special. 

For some reason the media ignored the other Manchester derbies. Last week Rochdale played Bury and yesterday Oldham. Manchester's Metrolink tram system connects all three of those places; they are that close to Manchester.

When are the powers that be going to realise that people watch football because of the passion not because 11 men can make 100 beautifully crafted passes without the opposition touching the ball, IMO this all comes back to making football a spectical for TV.

I don't want quality at the expense of passion.

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

When are the powers that be going to realise that people watch football because of the passion not because 11 men can make 100 beautifully crafted passes without the opposition touching the ball, IMO this all comes back to making football a spectical for TV.

I don't want quality at the expense of passion.

Try opera, mate. Got bags of passion. I loves the eye-ties, Donizetti, Bellini, Rossini, Cabrini, Rossi, Gentile, Donadoni, Maldini, and especially Guiseppe "Beppe" Verdi (tunes, passion, the lot) and Puccini. Or there's Mozzer (Le Nozzer di Figaro, the one about the Flute, etc) or Wegner (bit too nazi, fer me). You won't want for passione mate  

1 hour ago, 22A said:

For some reason the media ignored the other Manchester derbies. Last week Rochdale played Bury and yesterday Oldham. Manchester's Metrolink tram system connects all three of those places; they are that close to Manchester.

There is only one Manchester derby.

Oldham v Rochdale is more passionate.  

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Try opera, mate. Got bags of passion. I loves the eye-ties, Donizetti, Bellini, Rossini, Cabrini, Rossi, Gentile, Donadoni, Maldini, and especially Guiseppe "Beppe" Verdi (tunes, passion, the lot) and Puccini. Or there's Mozzer (Le Nozzer di Figaro, the one about the Flute, etc) or Wegner (bit too nazi, fer me). You won't want for passione mate  

Lieberstod from Tristan. That is the definition of 'Passion'.

10 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Not really something I have ever tried but I will look into it. I dont think its going to help get passion back into football.

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

Not really something I have ever tried but I will look into it. I dont think its going to help get passion back into football.

No one falls asleep during Turandot, mate. Quality. And passion.

15 hours ago, Ash the Bash said:

Has been for ages, I get sick and tired of the media hyping it up and always making it the 'feature' game with the 4pm Sunday kick-off, I was far more interested in Spurs v Bournemouth today, only looked at the Manc score 10 minutes ago..

So many better derbies to focus on, guess I'm glad we only play Rovers once every couple of years because it keeps it special. 

It was always going to be the game that was shown on Sky as they get more viewers globally than El Classico. Do you think they are going to pass on those viewers for Spurs v Bournemouth (regardless of implications to the league). You will be suggesting they pass up on Liverpool v Manchester United next as they are both mid table... It's still the most watched football fixture in the world.

My point being that whilst some of you are suggesting there is other games worth watching....there are 100's of millions who disagree.

City fans in moaning about the Prem shocker. For once I am actually enjoying the League this season regardless of the quality on show, Leicester City to win the Prem, glorious stuff. Now you wouldn't get a club like Elche doing that in Spain would you. 

May be poor on quality but English football has the most competitive leagues in Europe. 

17 hours ago, Northern Red said:

People from Rochdale, Bury and Oldham would take issue at being called Mancunian!

You're not wrong. Have a mate, "Manchester Mike", he explained he's not from Manchester, he's from Salford. So now he's "Greater Manchester Mike".

8 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

City fans in moaning about the Prem shocker. For once I am actually enjoying the League this season regardless of the quality on show, Leicester City to win the Prem, glorious stuff. Now you wouldn't get a club like Elche doing that in Spain would you. 

May be poor on quality but English football has the most competitive leagues in Europe. 

At least 35% of the Prem is "unfashionable clubs" this year; Soton, B'muff, Norwich, Stoke, Palace, Swansea and Leicester

34 minutes ago, 22A said:

Blame that on London based media. They refer to City or Rover v Plymouth as a West Country derby. Completely oblivious to the fact Brentford is closer to AG than Home Park.

Totally with you on this, Jeff Stelling even referred to Cheltenham v Exeter as a West Country derby last season I think it was - they are  118 miles apart...

10 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Nothing to do with quality, the prem is mainly fully of players not good enough to play in the best leagues in europe, even in recent memory Manc derbies had more passion in them than yesterdays piece of crap, the prems big clubs have become passionless, make the most of the competitiveness of this season normal service will be resumed next season.

I agree with you I have watched more prem matches this season than in previous years and yes would love to see MaLeicester win the title

Archived