IGNORED

JPT and the Premier League 'B' teams

cityboy

10 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

There's an extremely easy way to ensure that the kids get a look in.

Leave the Football League alone, and force a maximum games rule in the Premier League. Make it so that any registered player can only play in 25 league games a season.

This provides the following benefits:

• The Premier League keeps its filthy mitts off of the Football League
  • Kids get to play in meaningful competition
  • The cups get elevated because your best players can sit out of league matches.
  • Premier League teams are forced to utilise their whole squads, instead of hoarding players
  • There is no longer an excuse of tiredness from the FA. Players are forced to take time off by their clubs.
  • Parity. You either play your players, or you send them on loan elsewhere. If you're a good player and you're still not getting in the team then you'll go elsewhere.

If teams kick off about it, then bump it up to 30 games. Either way, for 8-13 games a season someone else (probably a U21 or reserve player) will get the chance to impress or sit on the bench.

That's not a bad idea, but it would never get implemented.  I would like to see a minimum home grown rule of say 5 outfield players I get fed up with seeing teams that don't even have a single Englishman in them, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd have all done this at various points in the past few years, its mental.  At one point I did think Man Utd had thrown their youth out the door, but seem to have back peddled on that and look what happened, turned out they were not too bad after all.

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

If they want to do it..... Make em pay!

If I was the football league the only way I would even consider it would be if they pay millions for entry. If every prem team was made to pay £3 million a season (nothing with the new sky money) then the football league could give every team in league 1 and 2 £1.25m each-Nothing to a prem team but the difference in survival for some of the smaller teams in those 2 divisions.  (I'm aware that this is never going to happen.)

The next thing I would ask would be for a scrap to parachute payments. If a team can't organise it's finances when they are earning £100 million for finishing last then they don't deserve subsidising over the next 3 years!!!

I can only like this post once, which is a shame

Never going to happen, but it's a nice though. £3m is nothing to them, how often do you hear of a transfer for a similar fee where the buying club declares it as 'worth the gamble'. Well, here's a thought, let someone else buy the 17 year old Serbian wonderkid, and instead of taking that gamble, let Dagenham & Redbridge use that money for vital things, not gambles

Awful idea, denies smaller clubs of taking their fan base and hangers on a day in the sun, some of these smaller clubs can scrape together 27,000 for what could be their biggest day in the clubs history. Of course that figure was just an example of what a small club can take to Wembley given the occasion, I think I got that number from a conference playoff final, so the figure is fairly representative given the comparison of the paint pot cup.

Oh and the premier league b team nonsense, ok...........you can join so can the championship teams and we can re name it the carling cup or whatever it's called, plus the winner albeit Shrewsbury or Chelsea b gets a place in the premier league.......whatever is effing next greedy buggers!

Archived