IGNORED

Not over yet !

Ashtonwurzel

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Two wins from eight games means it's pretty much over.  Remember, we don't have Cotterill anymore.

In 3 days we went from having an 8 point gap to a 2 point one. Things can and do change quickly. 

I'm optimistic don't get me wrong - but unless it's your first day supporting Bristol City, you'd be mad to say it's all over already! We have amazing form for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! 

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I don't want to sound too nonchalant and confident, but it's over.  Those 2 wins against Fulham and Bolton have sealed the deal, the rest will be a formality.

I'm so certain, I don't even need to consider the alternative.

You may not want to sound too nonchalant and confident, but you do.  We could quite easily lose the next two games, without a doubt - then its back to squeaky bum time again.  This isn't over by a long shot.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

That's a bit disrespectful to the manager who gave us our best season in 60 years.

Make no mistake it, we were certain to go down under Cotterill. Don't believe me, look at the points taken from his last ten and extrapolate. We were in serious trouble. 

I have nothing but respect for what he achieved for us in League One and the JPT but if it weren't for the change, we'd be surpassed by Burton next season!

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

You may not want to sound too nonchalant and confident, but you do.  We could quite easily lose the next two games, without a doubt - then its back to squeaky bum time again.  This isn't over by a long shot.

Don't worry, we won't lose the next 2 games.  If we do, then I'll just hold the entire Rotherham squad hostage until the season is over.  I'm sure some of those old bunkers in Bedminster must still be around!

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I don't want to sound too nonchalant and confident, but it's over.  Those 2 wins against Fulham and Bolton have sealed the deal, the rest will be a formality.

I'm so certain, I don't even need to consider the alternative.

While I too am , lets say optimistic rather than confident (don't like tempting fate).  But what do we have left?

3 promotion contenders , the surprise division form team , 2 tricky away games and Brentford who although they have been bad they will be at home. Even Huddersfield have had a couple of good wins lately so will be no push over. 

I don't see a sprinkling of guaranteed 3 points jumping out at me there. What I do see is potential to pick up enough points , but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I too am , lets say optimistic rather than confident (don't like tempting fate).  But what do we have left?

3 promotion contenders , the surprise division form team , 2 tricky away games and Brentford who although they have been bad they will be at home. Even Huddersfield have had a couple of good wins lately so will be no push over. 

I don't see a sprinkling of guaranteed 3 points jumping out at me there. What I do see is potential to pick up enough points , but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

It's not really our fixtures that concern me too much, I just don't see MK Dons developing the run of form to grab an additional 6 points to catch us, and then earn the extra points to finish above us.

MK Dons simply aren't good enough to do that, so no need to worry!

This Bristol City we are talking about. Just like the financial world our owner knows well, past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

It ain't over till its over.

The fat lady might have had a quick gargle but hasn't even got her ballgown oout of the wardrobe.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Getting promotion and winning a league are two different things. Dicks did a fantastic job, but Cotterill actually won us a league.

if we're talking best City managers  in my lifetime then I'm in the TC camp.

Winning league one is not as good as getting us promoted to the top flight surely?!  

Archived