IGNORED

Not over yet !

Ashtonwurzel

1 minute ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Did he hell.

There have been others for different reasons.

And what he did last year he undid this. 

Have the records been expunged?

Do we have to give our trophies (plural) back......?

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

It's not really our fixtures that concern me too much, I just don't see MK Dons developing the run of form to grab an additional 6 points to catch us, and then earn the extra points to finish above us.

MK Dons simply aren't good enough to do that, so no need to worry!

I can't work MK out.

They were dreadful against us, for instance, but were good enough to get a 1-1draw at Hull just over a week ago. If we match that result I'll be more than happy.

Don't lose Rotherham, target a win at Brentford.

That might be enough but feel we could still be dragged back into it.

On the flip side, IF we do get to 50+ points it will only emphasise what a wasted opportunity this season has been   

Don't understand why some on here are so keen to declare "it's over".  The history of football is littered with the unexpected and unlikely!  6 points ahead with 24 to play for is far from over.  I don't think anyone doubts that the odds are now firmly in our favour, but to state "it's over" with such certainty is to deny the facts.  There is still work to be done.  A six point gap is a two game swing - not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, and as others have said, a gap that we have already seen disappear once in the space of three days.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

It's not really our fixtures that concern me too much, I just don't see MK Dons developing the run of form to grab an additional 6 points to catch us, and then earn the extra points to finish above us.

Bit of Deja Vu here - people thought Rotherham were dead and buried a few weeks ago. Our 8 point lead was reduced to 2 in the space of 4 days.

We have done well to get into our current position but are far from safe IMO.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Have the records been expunged?

Do we have to give our trophies (plural) back......?

Of course not but he made a real mess of this season. And that makes me wonder how good he really was.

And did he really give us our best season in 60 years? Subjective I know but I can think of others who, for me, have provided equally if not better times.

Perhaps not promotion and a cup, but nevertheless equally as good.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don't understand why some on here are so keen to declare "it's over".  The history of football is littered with the unexpected and unlikely!  6 points ahead with 24 to play for is far from over.  I don't think anyone doubts that the odds are now firmly in our favour, but to state "it's over" with such certainty is to deny the facts.  There is still work to be done.  A six point gap is a two game swing - not exactly beyond the realms of possibility, and as others have said, a gap that we have already seen disappear once in the space of three days.

I think you take it a bit too seriously!  Just saying I am sure we will be safe.  It was no impact. 

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I can't work MK out.

They were dreadful against us, for instance, but were good enough to get a 1-1draw at Hull just over a week ago. If we match that result I'll be more than happy.

Don't lose Rotherham, target a win at Brentford.

That might be enough but feel we could still be dragged back into it.

On the flip side, IF we do get to 50+ points it will only emphasise what a wasted opportunity this season has been   

MK lost at Bolton on 23 Jan, then were embarrassed by Chelsea 5:1. Since then, they have played 10 with 2 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses. F 9  A 10. Too many draws. Not winning enough, not losing that many. They are hanging in there. 

Winning there was massive for us, a 6 pointer!

It was interesting to hear LJ say that he only relaxed on Saturday at 4:0, because he had Rotherham's 3 goal recovery v Derby in his mind. I was exactly the same. I reckon LJ will feel that there is still a bit for us to do.

If we take only one point from Hull and Rotherham, then we'll likely be nearer third bottom again and things won't look as comfy as right now (more insight for you all there)

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

4 wins out of their last 8 games gets them to 49 points !!!!

28 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Of course not but he made a real mess of this season. And that makes me wonder how good he really was.

And did he really give us our best season in 60 years? Subjective I know but I can think of others who, for me, have provided equally if not better times.

Perhaps not promotion and a cup, but nevertheless equally as good.

On the pitch - yes, by a country mile. And left to concentrate on coaching 11 blokes to win football matches, he is good.

His Achilles heel is how he handles things when they don't go his way, eg. this season not being able to run the club's transfer policy his way and getting into an almighty scrap with the suits as a result. He lost the plot because he wasn't allowed to be in total control of all the off field stuff.

He's an old school manager, autocratic, all powerful and that's not the model Steve Lansdown wants for City.  

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

It was interesting to hear LJ say that he only relaxed on Saturday at 4:0, because he had Rotherham's 3 goal recovery v Derby in his mind. I was exactly the same. I reckon LJ will feel that there is still a bit for us to do.

If we take only one point from Hull and Rotherham, then we'll likely be nearer third bottom again and things won't look as comfy as right now (more insight for you all there)

MK Dons still have to play Rotherham,Fulham and Brentford. All winnable games for them, but obviously if they do, then that knocks those other three teams back. Any football fan knows that the last few games of a season can throw up all sorts of results, I will only feel comfortable when/if we are mathematically safe.

6 hours ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Remember.  The scum thought it was over two seasons ago.  All they needed was a point etc, etc.  Can't go down blah, blah.  

This.  Their massive beautiful balls up has crossed my mind a few times since Saturday. We should definitely not be getting anywhere near comfy as it stands and need keep driving on to get results until the maths say we are safe, which I'm sure we will. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

This.  Their massive beautiful balls up has crossed my mind a few times since Saturday. We should definitely not be getting anywhere near comfy as it stands and need keep driving on to get results until the maths say we are safe, which I'm sure we will. 

I strongly suspect that this is exactly the approach Lee J will adopt for the rest of the season.

Also, we need to end the season strongly as a springboard for next - think Leicester last season?!

Archived