IGNORED

West Stand Upper - Not For Sale early ...

The Original OTIB

If they gave tickets away free the ground would be full.

Let's not forget this is a commercial business. Whether we are fans rather than customers or not doesn't mean a huge amount when Deloitte come around to survey the annual accounts.

If you push the price of POTD down, you have to push the ST price down or it becomes a pointless purchase. Having the membership scheme and money off makes £28 far from cheap but when you consider the Championship is one of the best leagues in Europe, if not the world, it's far from extortionate in the climate of football as a whole, especially if we want to become competitive.

All this 'they should have priced it so it sold out' stuff.

I have been to loads of JPT type games or early round cup games where tickets have been dirt cheap and the crowds have been poor.

So I'm not sure the demand is there. the demand will be there is we are doing well, and there is more chance of us doing well if the money is available to invest in the side. 

Therefore, market rate rules apply.

Would be a different story if all ticket prices across the division were capped, and parachute payments could only be used to pay the wages of players signed by a relegated premier team and not used to give them an unhealthy advantage in the Championship.

Just had a look at the ticket site and block W14 (central block) is already sold out. Blocks W13 and W15 have sold approx 400 each with 200 seats remaining in each. So it would appear the £529 season tickets are flying out.

Also around 100 season tickets sold in each of blocks W12 and W16.

Whilst I do wish prices across the whole ground were cheaper overall, I'm not surprised at all that even the £529 tickets have been popular and of course to an extent that does justify the pricing in this area of the ground.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

All this 'they should have priced it so it sold out' stuff.

I have been to loads of JPT type games or early round cup games where tickets have been dirt cheap and the crowds have been poor.

So I'm not sure the demand is there. the demand will be there is we are doing well, and there is more chance of us doing well if the money is available to invest in the side. 

Therefore, market rate rules apply.

Would be a different story if all ticket prices across the division were capped, and parachute payments could only be used to pay the wages of players signed by a relegated premier team and not used to give them an unhealthy advantage in the Championship.

Completely agree. Even if tickets were a tenner we probably wouldn't sell out every week. Look at the West Brom game - it was a tenner, but it made it all the way to general sale - and that was Premier League opposition with only 15k seats!

As I said earlier in thread, it's easy to say "price it so it's full" but this club needs to maximise revenues to compete. You have to price it to maximise returns. An inconvenient truth.

When tickets have been a tenner the crowds have been huge, every time. Sure, use the examples of tin pot cups like the JPT to distort the argument, but general sale or not they will sell out - the demand is clearly there.

Is £10 realistic? Absolutely not, but neither is £40. 

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just had a look at the ticket site and block W14 (central block) is already sold out. Blocks W13 and W15 have sold approx 400 each with 200 seats remaining in each. So it would appear the £529 season tickets are flying out.

Whilst I do wish prices across the whole ground were cheaper overall, I'm not surprised at all that even the £529 tickets have been popular and of course to an extent that does justify the pricing in this area of the ground.

How did you look at that? Or are you ex-Williams? 

23 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

When tickets have been a tenner the crowds have been huge, every time. Sure, use the examples of tin pot cups like the JPT to distort the argument, but general sale or not they will sell out - the demand is clearly there.

Is £10 realistic? Absolutely not, but neither is £40. 

I think the point I was making was that West Brom sold out, but quite slowly and it made general sale. Therefore the "core" fanbase of season ticket holders and members didn't add up to enough on their own to reach 15k. It's therefore a stretch to assume we would easily sell out another 10,000 home tickets for an average league game.

Anyway a tenner was an extreme example - the broader point being that reduced prices wouldn't guarantee sell outs.

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well at least you can see the seating plan!

Really frustrating day & some mightily pissed off very long-standing ST holders. Basically those of us who used to have half decent seats in the back of the Williams have been right royally shafted & charged a fortune for the privilege of being shunted to down by the corner flags. The online system has been a joke tbh. And now if I try to book in a particular block I am just assigned a seat. Great choice that isn't!

How to make loyal supporters turn on their club! We are so ****ing useless off the pitch it beggars belief sometimes.

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Really frustrating day & some mightily pissed off very long-standing ST holders. Basically those of us who used to have half decent seats in the back of the Williams have been right royally shafted & charged a fortune for the privilege of being shunted to down by the corner flags. The online system has been a joke tbh. And now if I try to book in a particular block I am just assigned a seat. Great choice that isn't!

How to make loyal supporters turn on their club! We are so ****ing useless off the pitch it beggars belief sometimes.

Genuine question - why have you been shunted down by the corner flags? There are tickets available across the whole lower tier, no?

• Admin
9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

@Dr Balls phone or email Supporters services and discuss moving to a better part of the stand

17 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

If they gave tickets away free the ground would be full.

Let's not forget this is a commercial business. Whether we are fans rather than customers or not doesn't mean a huge amount when Deloitte come around to survey the annual accounts.

If you push the price of POTD down, you have to push the ST price down or it becomes a pointless purchase. Having the membership scheme and money off makes £28 far from cheap but when you consider the Championship is one of the best leagues in Europe, if not the world, it's far from extortionate in the climate of football as a whole, especially if we want to become competitive.

You would probably still get some people moaning that the club didn't kick in a free programme.

Archived