IGNORED

Gary Neville Sacked, Pembo's tweet

Lrrr

Funny, but maybe not the most professional. All our employees have to remember they represent the club. Hacking of people in the business is not always best. Maybe if he had just said...

Gary Neville sacked #noteasyisit

it would have the same impact, seem less aggressive and still been considered funny. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Has his brother taken over as Caretaker Manager.

no announcement about him. Pako someone or other has taken over til the end of the season, according to BBC

Fair play to Pembo I wonder how many other coaches would love to have posted that. Easy for an ex-player to have a dig without ever having done the job

Pembo is saying ( in fewer words) what.Sean Dyche said in a radio interview last week.

He said it's far far easier to sit in a studio after a game and pick fault with decisions manager had to make, 'whilst the game was going on'. 

Gary Neville will no doubt understand that side of it now!!!! 

Although I enjoyed GNev on Sky it will be much harder for him to go back and have the same respect/opinions after seemingly failed at the managerial game himself. Having said that I think Andy Gray spent a year at Villa as assistant manager before going back to Sky didn't he?

55 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Although I enjoyed GNev on Sky it will be much harder for him to go back and have the same respect/opinions after seemingly failed at the managerial game himself. Having said that I think Andy Gray spent a year at Villa as assistant manager before going back to Sky didn't he?

Gray was at Villa before his Sky career properly kicked off, I think as an assistant to Graham Taylor?

He also had the opportunity to manage Everton in the late nineties but decided to stay at Sky after accepting the job initially. 

With regards to Neville; I think he got carried away with himself when accepting the Valencia job, but people have short memories these days so I expect that he'll be able to pick up where he left off with Sky et al without too much difficulty.

At the end of the day he is passing judgement on a game of football in the same way that Souness, Hoddle and a number of former managers do for Sky and BT. 

52 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The modern world: be delighted at any sign of failure that happens to anybody in the public eye.

The difference being Gary Neville a nauseating little **** though. Who he thought he was running over to Spain with F all managerial experience baffles me to be honest. Why he is involved with the England set up again im struggling with...

56 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The modern world: be delighted at any sign of failure that happens to anybody in the public eye.

There was plenty of envy, bitterness and resentment in the old world, Dave. You want to try a bit of Bible reading of an evening, "what has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

:thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, bris red said:

The difference being Gary Neville a nauseating little **** though. Who he thought he was running over to Spain with F all managerial experience baffles me to be honest. Why he is involved with the England set up again im struggling with...

You don't seem particularly pleasant yourself.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

There was plenty of envy, bitterness and resentment in the old world, Dave. You want to try a bit of Bible reading of an evening, "what has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

:thumbsup:

What does the Old Testament say about this fridays euromillions draw?

Uncle TFR

To add Some balance to this, it was always going to be a very difficult job for him. Underperforming side with a club in turmoil behind the scenes. Add on the language barrier and the lack of knowledge of the league it was always going to be difficult for him. Lets remember Moyes failed in that league also despite being an experienced manager. Nev should never have taken the job. He would have been good somewhere but now I feel he won't get another chance.

I was disparaging of the guy on OTIB somewhere and at some point in the recent past. Nothing that has happened since then has changed that view.

It was good he has had such an experience just so long as he learns from it in a positive way and portrays a little more empathy and humility in future.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit harsh....would hope no-one laughs at you if you ever got sacked...

I don't think any of us would laugh at this if it were to have implications(financially)for him and his family.......that's clearly not the case,and he himself may even be relieved to be out of that particular hot-seat!!

My head says Pemberton shouldn’t have tweeted this (not very professional etc etc.), my heart says good for him. And Pemberton has really endeared himself to me the last couple of months. If we stay up, he’ll deserve a lot of thanks.

On a separate note, I always felt Neville took a huge risk taking on this job. He said he couldn’t turn it down (friends with the owner, out of loyalty) but a massive gamble. It’s hard to overstate the importance of knowing the lingo.

I’m a big fan of the so-called “Class of 92.” They talk a hell of a lot of sense. Scholes has turned from the laconic type to someone very outspoken. And not outspoken in the Robbie Savage sense (i.e. taking on extreme and often ignorant views for want of a reaction). What Scholes says should be heard. He speaks from a position of strength when commenting on all things Man U. Same with Neville, G. But, as we all know, it’s really easy to comment, and so much harder to actually do.

It’ll be a huge waste if none of the ’92 lot put their words into a career in management. Neville should take time out and come back and try his hand at a League Two or One (or even Conference) side. Same for someone like Giggs. He’ll have a learnt enough about how not manage a side from sitting next to that dinosaur for the last couple of seasons.

Love Pembo, his passion, his obvious joy when we win. 

I do think all professionals should think however of the five minute rule on social media. Type it out, leave it five minutes, and then say to yourself is that what I really want to say? Fact he deleted it suggests he quickly reconsidered.

Not exactly a biggie this one, either way in truth this one.

Archived