IGNORED

Jack Payne (Merged)

Lew-T

Anybody watching the Southend game? This lad for Southend has been the stand out player, looks class. Only 21 years old and is out of contract for them this season!

He's just scored to make it 3-1 against the Blades. Surely worth a look?

8 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Looking at the top of League 1 atm - there aren't any what you would call big clubs in the mix are there? 

Burton
Wigan
Walsall
Gillingham
Millwall
Bradford

Thinking defensively for next season, if City stay up there's not going to be much of a challenge from those clubs in terms of resources.

Wigan aren't a big club??!

7 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Looking at the top of League 1 atm - there aren't any what you would call big clubs in the mix are there? 

Burton
Wigan
Walsall
Gillingham
Millwall
Bradford

Thinking defensively for next season, if City stay up there's not going to be much of a challenge from those clubs in terms of resources.

I honestly thought Sheff U & Coventry would walk it this season.

Burton will be on a hiding to nothing next season.

Wigan still getting parachute payments next season, so would expect them to be mid table.

34 minutes ago, Gilts said:

How did Sharp & Adams miss those chances?

If I was a Sheffield United fan I'd be wanting Cotterill in charge sharpish. 

Would a Sheffield Utd fan really want Cotterill though? Of course we all recognise what he achieved here, but is his reputation as strong in the wider football world? I suspect he is still viewed as a hoofball dinosaur by many.

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Depends how far you look back but in last twenty years Wigan are bigger than us.

Consider the fact that Wigan didn't take a full allocation for the FA Cup final and compare that to our JPT final turnout. Despite their achievements in recent years, we are still the bigger club.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Consider the fact that Wigan didn't take a full allocation for the FA Cup final and compare that to our JPT final turnout. Despite their achievements in recent years, we are still the bigger club.

Agreed.

There was a Wigan player being interviewed recently after a Sky game. He said "Yes, we hope to get automatic promotion this season, then challenge again next season,  to get this club back to the Prem, WHERE IT BELONGS"

He must have been having a giraffe. Does anybody outside of Wigan believe that Wigan Football Club  BELONGS in the Premier League ?!

Laughable.

46 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Not really, still only got 12k a week in the Prem. I know it's bizarre in terms of relative success but in terms of potential fanbase Bradford are bigger than them imo.

Their top average in their 8 year PL stay was 20k, their lowest 16k. Not bad for a club that averaged 1,700 just 20 years ago. Funny club really. 

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Bolstered ,no doubt by away followings.

" How many tickets can we have?"

"How many do you want?"

Yes, agreed. And some new "fans" that have already found something else to do with their Saturday. 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Would a Sheffield Utd fan really want Cotterill though? Of course we all recognise what he achieved here, but is his reputation as strong in the wider football world? I suspect he is still viewed as a hoofball dinosaur by many.

Given they've been struggling to get out of there for a while now, I think they'd be prepared to have anyone who could get them promoted.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Given they've been struggling to get out of there for a while now, I think they'd be prepared to have anyone who could get them promoted.

This.

They have the second biggest wage bill in the league plus the most supporters but are only halfway up the table.

The question is more likely to be why wouldn't they want an out of work 99 point Championship (and JPT) winning manager at present?

Archived