IGNORED

Restored Bristol City Vespa now completed

oldstandrobin

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'd love to see it fully restored.

i remember a similar thread regarding scooters a while back and I posted then that back in the 70s any skinhead/mod owner a Vespa was laughed at as "uncool".

i and all my mates owned Lambrettas. I finally ended up with a rebored 225. It was so long ago I can't recall which model but I thought I was the mutts nuts riding around on that bad boy. Bit of a babe magnet as well.......:whistle:

RR, expect to take it to Bristol during the summer. I had a Lammy LI150 in 1967 and always remember coming off it on Coldharbour Road Redland and ending up in doorway of Cambridge Arms. babe magnets....you bet...saved chatting em up, my mate had a Vespa SS180 and sold it to get a Morris Minor !!!! Happy Days

6 hours ago, Cobbsoldun said:

Stunning! Can't remember my sx 200 looking as good as that!!

Takes me back bro. Me and and a mate went halves on a sx200 around 1985 with the intention of restoring. We was only 16 at the time and couldn't resist racing around the local woods! Needless to say it died. 

6 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

depends on your gender, thought of picking up Dollymarie on the way !!!

Never been on a motorised vehicle of the two wheeled variety. Always wanted to! 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You are dreaming mate.......time wake up.

Cheers ya cheeky shit. You're no oil painting yourself! :bruce_h4h:

Hmm, ain't too bad I 'spose, .... Pity it ain't Purple 'n Green though! :)

(seriously though it looks great, a labour of love and its obvious a whole lot of love has gone into it, nice job, top of the pops) 

ps.. If youre ever tempted to sell it, add a couple more stickers of another 70's City 'leg end' to it and a now rich and successful bar/restaurant owner in the U.S. will probably snap yer arm off for it... you know the one our very own version of Georgie Best at the time, his brother played for the dark side before ending up at Spurs & England. :) 

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Hmm, ain't too bad I 'spose, .... Pity it ain't Purple 'n Green though! :)

(seriously though it looks great, a labour of love and its obvious a whole lot of love has gone into it, nice job, top of the pops) 

ps.. If youre ever tempted to sell it, add a couple more stickers of another 70's City 'leg end' to it and a now rich and successful bar/restaurant owner in the U.S. will probably snap yer arm off for it... you know the one our very own version of Georgie Best at the time, his brother played for the dark side before ending up at Spurs & England. :) 

Would look great in Kev's restaurant! 

8 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Never been on a motorised vehicle of the two wheeled variety. Always wanted to! 

Cheers ya cheeky shit. You're no oil painting yourself! :bruce_h4h:

Dolly my darling, every now and then a chance comes along :whistle::whistle:

10 hours ago, Andy1970 said:

Takes me back bro. Me and and a mate went halves on a sx200 around 1985 with the intention of restoring. We was only 16 at the time and couldn't resist racing around the local woods! Needless to say it died. 

sx200's now selling for around 8 grand !!!!

Archived