IGNORED

Ref for Tuesday (merged)

The Original OTIB

Bristol City v Rotherham United
GAVIN WARD
Adam Bromley and Marvyn Amphlett
Fourth Official Simon Hooper

Lower league man really. Albeit: he did find that marvelous extra time for us against Leeds

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1023

He's not done a championship game since Jan 12th and no Rotherham games.

8 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Seem to remember the ref against Leeds having a good game. Wouldn't stand for the time wasting, but rather than have a go each time he just added it on at the end.

Could be a similar type of game on Tuesday so hopefully he still thinks the same way.

I thought he was having a terrible game until the 89th minute

13 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Do I not recall that the ref in the Leeds at home game, gave them a very dubious penalty at the Atyeo end? A perfect swallow dive ?

We get fxxx all from refs at City!

To be fair the ref, the linesman gave the penalty, if I remember right.

40 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

The stats while having Adam Bromley as linesman aren't great either - he ran the line for our 2-0 loss to Reading and the 2-1 loss to Preston.

I thought it was all Cotts fault?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

The stats while having Adam Bromley as linesman aren't great either - he ran the line for our 2-0 loss to Reading and the 2-1 loss to Preston.

I find it amazing that people remember things like this

Not sure what game the ref was watching tonight but it certainly wasn't the same as everyone else in the stadium. I gave up shouting for stuff after 30 mins - it was clear he was going to allow them to ruine the game.

Every time we get a short ref they put in a horrendous performance. Maybe it's just more memorable but I think there is something in it. Tonight was the worst and I've said that before but it will take some doing to be worse than this guy. At one point Wilbs was hit high and then someone hit his legs which toppled him over. Foul on Aaron. It was actually baffling first half especially

He managed to see things no one else saw and not see things everyone else saw. Probably scared of getting slagged by nell in the media so decided to give them virtually every decision. 

I loved the one where a rottenham player fell over behind wilbs another backed into him causing him to fall over his mate. A clearer foul on wilbs I have not seen, and he gave it to them!!!!!!!! Whaaaa!!!!

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Literally the most incompetent buffoon I have witnessed carry out their so-called professional duties, in any profession, ever.

Utter clown.

When they announced at HT that a qualified official was needed I wondered if they had discovered the bloke reffing had locked the real one in his car boot and Warnock's brother was doing it instead....

As bad as the ref was what about the slap head running the line? At least the ref made (wrong) decisions. He didn't make one. Each time the ball went out of play he waited to see which way the ref signalled before giving his. 

Archived