IGNORED

Ref for Tuesday (merged)

The Original OTIB

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Stuck in Copenhagen so missed the game, would love to hear perspectives in the morning - I've carried Mike Dean at home to Birmingham in 1999 (17 years ago) as the worst refereeing performance ever, and even when I've got riled up in the heat of a game, the next day Mike Dean has stood the test of time as truly the worst ever. Are you really saying this one could dethrone it, and could I have sober and impartial judgement on this tomorrow?

Not too much I can add to what's been said, Rob.

For me what stood out was his complete naivety, everyone (apart from him apparently) knows what a Warnock side does, but he couldn't (or wouldn't) see it.

So blatant pulling back off the ball was ignored, he allowed every corner to become a mass of shirt tugging, as has been said their players jumped at the man rather than the ball, we had the most shameful examples of fake head injuries I've ever seen and of course blatant time wasting and taking throws from as far up the pitch as they liked.

Amazingly they didn't have a single booking and their two centre mid players (Frecklington and Halford) basically reffed the game, chipping at him at every decision.

From early on it was obvious they were planning to get Korey sent off and the number of unpunished fouls on Wilbraham must have easily reached double figures.

My worry as we got back into the game was that he would give them a soft penalty (there were 3 unpunished dives too).

Utterly inept.

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Interesting that they asked for a qualified official at half-time…

The Linesman infront of the Williams  was changed part way through the first half, the 4th official warmed up for 5 mins then they swopped.  I guess the injured Lino then did the 4th officials job (I lost track as all was overshadowed by the incompetence of the Ref). For whatever reason it seems he couldn't carry on hence the announcement to the crowd.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The Linesman infront of the Williams  was changed part way through the first half, the 4th official warmed up for 5 mins then they swopped.  I guess the injured Lino then did the 4th officials job (I lost track as all was overshadowed by the incompetence of the Ref). For whatever reason it seems he couldn't carry on hence the announcement to the crowd.

I was hoping they were going to change the ref, I imagined him crying in the dressing room, clinging on to the toilet door, "I'm not going out there again…don't make me…they're all shouting at me…"

After the match, the fourth official must submit a report to the appropriate authorities on any misconduct or other incident that occurred out of the view of the referee and the assistant referees. The fourth official must advise the referee and his assistants of any report being made - He has the authority to inform the referee of irresponsible behaviour by any occupant of the technical area
Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/the-fourth-official-and-the-reserve-assistant-referee#PO0iBDOmD8LbEiCg.99

As taken from the FA website... would be interesting to see the report of the 2nd half from the official who came from the crowd... Unless he was a Rotherham fan...

Unsurprisingly, Colin said on Talk Sport this morning that he thought the ref had a fantastic game. Criticised LJ for saying he wanted the crowd to make an intimidating atmosphere, even talked about OUR diving to try to win penalties....

What a James Blunt.

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Unsurprisingly, Colin said on Talk Sport this morning that he thought the ref had a fantastic game. Criticised LJ for saying he wanted the crowd to make an intimidating atmosphere, even talked about OUR diving to try to win penalties....

What a James Blunt.

:blink::rofl2br:

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

What a James Blunt.

Neil Warnock would never want an intimidating and hostile atmosphere.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/neil-warnock-wants-hostile-atmosphere-at-elland-road-for-west-ham-visit-7575007.html

Never.

11 hours ago, NickJ said:

Leslie Shapter.

Anyone that studied refereeing performances of the 1980's at Ashton Gate will know what I'm talking about.

No ref will ever, ever, reach that level of ineptitude, but tonight's mug gave it absolutely his best shot.

I dunno....Gurnham Singh and Vic Callow ran Uncle Lester very close mind.... Jeez there were some bad ones back then.

9 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I dunno....Gurnham Singh and Vic Callow ran Uncle Lester very close mind.... Jeez there were some bad ones back then.

Brentford play off semi final at home, was it Rennie?

13 hours ago, NickJ said:

Leslie Shapter.

Anyone that studied refereeing performances of the 1980's at Ashton Gate will know what I'm talking about.

No ref will ever, ever, reach that level of ineptitude, but tonight's mug gave it absolutely his best shot.

From Paignton: I went to primary school with his son.  My (non) claim to fame.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Brentford play off semi final at home, was it Rennie?

Yep...A dreadful dreadful ref....should never have made the top flight.  Smacked of box ticking, did his appointment to the Premier League lists.

Another current one to note is Andrew Hall.  If ever I see his name attached to one of our matches I know we're in for a frustrating 90 mins!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Norman Glover - Notts County away in the cup and THAT Rachid Harkouk penalty to make it 2-2.

Back to last night did anyone see their CB clothesline Joe Bryan in the first half? Ref was right next to it and didn`t.

It sounded at one point like the Rotherham fans were chanting "Yeeeeellows, Yeeeeellows"....I figured it was for their twelfth man!!  I got  my hopes up when I saw the fourth official take his top off ready to take to the field....was hoping the ref had pulled something (besides Colin's todger!)

Archived