IGNORED

Big Boned City??

REDOXO

I was chatting recently regarding the relative merits of Lee Tomlin with a Bournemouth supporter friend of mine and the relative size of our new hero came up!

While I a not necessarily in the LT is a little on the large side camp, he is after all big boned, but it did put me in mind of some of the chunkier exponents of the beautiful game we have witnessed at AG

As a long standing sufferer  supporter of the mighty reds I can easily go back to the svelt like figure of Ernie Hunt gracing us with his favours. Since the 60's (or earlier) can anyone throw a few names out for a City You Fat Bastard  Chunky 11....

Just killing time between now and Tuesday!!

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was chatting recently regarding the relative merits of Lee Tomlin with a Bournemouth supporter friend of mine and the relative size of. ur new hero came up!............

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_FxSKczJprIhe  ...............

I can easily go back to the svelt like figure of Ernie Hunt gracing us with his favours. 

Soz to butt in.......

Talking of Ernie Hunt.... :) famous free kick for Coventry.... (longtime ago but unless I dreamt it I'm sure he 'done one' for us too at the Gate after joining City -can anyone confirm? I cant remember who we were playing either.... but good old Ernie eh? ... 

WH

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Don't recall Galliers being portly .:blink:

I was just going to make the same comment. Liked him, tough player ever ready to make the tackle if needed, and sometimes if not! No weight on him though. 

I was going to add John Bailey but again you've got there before me. So I'm going for Brian 'Barrel' Williams instead.

5 hours ago, clerk said:

Sean Mccarthy.

Scored on our promotion party at Preston. One-on-one with the keeper but nearly fell over.

Remember there being thousands of city fans in the home end, all going mental when he scored.

He was definitely on the chunky side. Didn't he do a somersault as well after he scored that goal?

Archived