IGNORED

First city game for my son this sat

Natchlander

2 hours ago, Natchlander said:

Taking my son (nearly 5) for his first city game this Saturday. Is there anyone at the club that will make a fuss of him to make the day memorable?  E.g. Picture with the mascot / first cap etc. Not sure who to ask. 

Welcome to Ashton Gate young city fan. Hope you have many years of supporting the red robins.  COYR 

Can't wait to take my lad (nearly 4), not sure if it will be this season or next but it's been hard to wait this long.

I would be interested to know if the club do anything for you, i am sure they still do the 1st cap thing.

I hope you and you're son have a great day!

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Just take sweets. He'll be bored silly after 20 mins, I guarantee it. 

This is the best suggestion you'll get. Five year olds don't have a long attention span. Take something to keep him amused and warm. The weather forecast is only 8 degrees for Saturday, which might be ok for you but not for a little person. 

18 hours ago, Natchlander said:

Taking my son (nearly 5) for his first city game this Saturday. Is there anyone at the club that will make a fuss of him to make the day memorable?  E.g. Picture with the mascot / first cap etc. Not sure who to ask. 

Happy days indeed,have a great time!!

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Games on your phone is what most have recommended in the past.

Joe takes his Nexus Tablet for pre-game and half-time.  Took him to his first game when he was 7, and to be fair he watches the game.  Any younger than that, be a bit prepared for them to get a bit bored.

Also, remind them not to grass you up for swearing at the ref, player, anyone!

When I took my nephew to his first game 5 years ago aged about 8 (after buying him a City shirt for every birthday and still doing so) he got bored and we told him to count the crowd, kept him busy for ages!  Mind you the game was coincidentally the 3-0 cup defeat to Sheff Wed which was appalling!  Hope it's a better result against the Owls on Saturday!

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joe takes his Nexus Tablet for pre-game and half-time.  Took him to his first game when he was 7, and to be fair he watches the game.  Any younger than that, be a bit prepared for them to get a bit bored.

Also, remind them not to grass you up for swearing at the ref, player, anyone!

We can better that. The boys first away game last season? Preston. What a sight watching drunk grown men falling out of their bus. And the entire away end singing the Aden Flint song :facepalm:

And I'll never forget the boys walking across the Asda car park in Frome singing quietly under their breath. The referee's a Warnock.

The stuff memories are made of. And remembered forever. 

Enjoy yourselves.

Archived