IGNORED

Tannoy system Dolman

fanjita

2 minutes ago, fanjita said:

cannot hear a word he is saying, been like this for weeks, anyone else got same problem, sort it out please City

You must be deaf mate, he quite clearly said "In Goal Rmmm dddd OmnbbbL, mmnn bbb & mm bbdd 9 and tonights ref MMMMa cmbhh unt"

We had issues tonight with sound in both Dolman & Atyeo. Both stands are still both running on systems that are quite old and, with anything, the older it gets the more problems it develops - and the more expensive it is to fix! However the whole PA System is getting overhauled in the summer to incorporate the new West Stand. We hope to at least have it fixed for the short term/remainder of the season by Saturday. But in the meantime, apologies for any lack of sound and we hope to have things in working order ASAP.

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I was thinking that from the South Stand when they apologised for the problems. Would be great to not have shite music blasted out at the interval.

Did they really apologise over the tannoy for the fact the tannoy wasn't working?? 

8 hours ago, Tim S said:

We had issues tonight with sound in both Dolman & Atyeo. Both stands are still both running on systems that are quite old and, with anything, the older it gets the more problems it develops - and the more expensive it is to fix! However the whole PA System is getting overhauled in the summer to incorporate the new West Stand. We hope to at least have it fixed for the short term/remainder of the season by Saturday. But in the meantime, apologies for any lack of sound and we hope to have things in working order ASAP.

Hi @Tim S, something I've wondered for a while. Why is it, at halftime, chart music is played? I've always thought that not many people come to football to hear what they can hear on Heart/Radio 1/Kiss.

Before the game now the music is pretty good, but it just feels a bit random that we now play modern pop chart music at halftime, either songs that more people enjoy or just silence so people can have a chat might be better. Are we obliged to play from a certain playlist or something?

• Admin
On 4/5/2016 at 23:43, Tim S said:

I thought it was overhauled last season when we were getting the same problems back then?

On Wednesday, April 06, 2016 at 08:31, Phileas Fogg said:

Hi @Tim S, something I've wondered for a while. Why is it, at halftime, chart music is played? I've always thought that not many people come to football to hear what they can hear on Heart/Radio 1/Kiss.

Before the game now the music is pretty good, but it just feels a bit random that we now play modern pop chart music at halftime, either songs that more people enjoy or just silence so people can have a chat might be better. Are we obliged to play from a certain playlist or something?

I'd welcome Radio Bristol at half time, round the grounds, half time scores and reports.

I have emailed  the club about the lack of a tannoy system after the Bolton home game, still not had a reply. Surely this has to be working to comply with Fire and Safety regulations.

How would we know if they wanted us to evacuate the stadium for an emegency situation.

• Admin
1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

I have emailed  the club about the lack of a tannoy system after the Bolton home game, still not had a reply. Surely this has to be working to comply with Fire and Safety regulations.

How would we know if they wanted us to evacuate the stadium for an emegency situation.

They use megaphones - I've seen a few stewards with them in the past I guess like everything else they have to have a continuity plan for any problems like this

Archived