IGNORED

Forgive me brothers and sisters.....

BigAl&Toby

I hold my hands up. I was one who would have liked to have seen Warnock replace SC. I even offered to someone that I'd pick him up in me camper and drive him here.

Last night the scales fell from my eyes and at last I saw the man for what he is. A cheating buffoon. 

Never have I seen such a display. The clash that resulted in bird-like flutter of at first the right hand, then the foot and the gingerly handled turn onto the back - only for the buffoon to walk off when the stretcher was brought on - and run back on within minutes of getting to the halfway line - summed Warnock - and his merry men - up.

Cheats.

Am I forgiven? :fingerscrossed:

No. The fact that you ever wanted that bloke anywhere near our club should mean that you are condemned to hell for all eternity. 

It's not like last night was anything new. That is his way, yet some people wanted him here..?!!

Can't believe anyone didn't know that is how his team's play.

Have you never watched any of his sides?

Those who wanted him until the end of the season simply thought the cheating was a price worth paying to ensure we stayed up.

Rotherham were in a worse position than us when he took over and will almost certainly survive now.

The style of play and the individual are disgusting, though.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. The fact that you ever wanted that bloke anywhere near our club should mean that you are condemned to hell for all eternity. 

It's not like last night was anything new. That is his way, yet some people wanted him here..?!!

Some people would have had Holloway here

I know which grates the most with me! Warnock said some nice things about us in his presser after the game, I'm sure he's gonna get a season ticket when he retires. See's us having a right go next year, apparently

It was interesting night. Enthralling in its ugliness.

Away from the tactical play acting, time wasting etc it was football from the past. Brute force with barely any finesse and technique. Players on both sides flexing muscles, pushing, elbow flapping, straining sinews trying to get that so "vital" touch on punts, lobs, and whoosh afrer whoosh into crowded spaces.

In coaching sessions I see eight and nine years olds play with more skill and flair than last night.

Nothing new its a Warnock methodology the teachings of those like long ball guu Charles Hughes who thought that Brazil, Germany, Spain etc are wrong. No need for football schools, academies, development centres its the stuff of gyms and trampolines, players greasing eye brows and protecting teeth with gum shields.

The night was summed up by a free kick. A diagonal free kck played towads the corner post, not the goal, the corner post for a Warmock drill where a player headed the ball into the box for the next "vital" aerial battle. That was remarkable. Remarkably shite.

Osman tried similar at Ashton Gate and thousands abandoned the club.

I wouldn't want Warnock managing us either. I don't like the play acting/time wasting  on such a huge scale . I'd rather see a team play good technical football with good individual players allowed to use their skills . 

But you have to hand it to Rotherham , they have a great spirit , they press hard , fight for every ball , have great defensive organisation and love the victim mentality . 

Warnock has to be 'The Man They Love To Hate' and you have to give him credit for what he does . He'd have made a perfect Rovers manager a few years back . 

One of the Millers creative players kicked the ball higher than the Dolman stand.

It went above the boxes of the West stand.

It went so high it couldn't be seen in the darkness up there.

People in the crowd went "whooo I've never seen a ball that high before."

Think there would soon be a lot of bad vibes if that was every week.

Only planes should go that high.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

It was interesting night. Enthralling in its ugliness.

Away from the tactical play acting, time wasting etc it was football from the past. Brute force with barely any finesse and technique. Players on both sides flexing muscles, pushing, elbow flapping, straining sinews trying to get that so "vital" touch on punts, lobs, and whoosh afrer whoosh into crowded spaces.

In coaching sessions I see eight and nine years olds play with more skill and flair than last night.

Nothing new its a Warnock methodology the teachings of those like long ball guu Charles Hughes who thought that Brazil, Germany, Spain etc are wrong. No need for football schools, academies, development centres its the stuff of gyms and trampolines, players greasing eye brows and protecting teeth with gum shields.

The night was summed up by a free kick. A diagonal free kck played towads the corner post, not the goal, the corner post for a Warmock drill where a player headed the ball into the box for the next "vital" aerial battle. That was remarkable. Remarkably shite.

Osman tried similar at Ashton Gate and thousands abandoned the club.

Careful Cowshed.

Our main exponent of that style of football racked up 100 consecutive appearances last night.

What? What have I said :facepalm:

1 hour ago, BA14 RED said:

In the words of someone sat near me last night "that reminded me of the old Bristol Rovers sides last night" horrendous football.

Warnock a great manager for clubs who put up with that crap but would never be welcome at City.

Someone behind me said that about us! We all groaned…it was awful at times to be fair…

You can sum up all of Colin's teams I two words - cheating spoilers.

He sends his teams out to spoil the opposition style/flow of their games by excessive time wasting by feigning injury and taking an age over any dead ball situation. Palace were the same as were the Blades.

Unfortunatly we had a weak referee last night who played into Colin's hands. 

He's also very very experienced and was up against a Championship novice last night who although he'd have played against Colin's teams probably didn't know what to expect.

But......the draw puts us 7 points above the trap door so it wasn't all bad last night.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He sends his teams out to spoil the opposition style/flow of their games by excessive time wasting by feigning injury and taking an age over any dead ball situation. Palace were the same as were the Blades.

He's also very very experienced and was up against a Championship novice last night who although he'd have played against Colin's teams probably didn't know what to expect.

But......the draw puts us 7 points above the trap door so it wasn't all bad last night.

A Conference manager, if you will

49 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

First half especially that was the worst we had played since the days of sod and that's not even exaggerating.

Totally agree hoofball at it's finest. Shocking stuff.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Can't believe anyone didn't know that is how his team's play.

Have you never watched any of his sides?

Those who wanted him until the end of the season simply thought the cheating was a price worth paying to ensure we stayed up.

Rotherham were in a worse position than us when he took over and will almost certainly survive now.

The style of play and the individual are disgusting, though.

Agree with both of you. The only surprise is how many people are surprised by the antics of Warnock and his team. He's been doing it for years. 

1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

One of the Millers creative players kicked the ball higher than the Dolman stand.

It went up so high it came down with two of those blue ******* from Eifel65 dab a Dee dab a Di on it...

Take out the time wasting, which we should do more often and then we can call it game management.

The play acting , which has no place in the game and could lead to a bad injury being ignored.

They were a well organised, pacey , pressed brilliantly and caused us a few problems. We would have stayed up under him, but as I said to a mate . Would you want to watch that every week ??

I honestly believe that Wade and Pembo 'saved' us from Warnock. If fortunes had continued under them as it had under Cott's , some panic may have forced the boards hand. However, the upturn in results with the same players proved it was more likely the system rather than the players. That gave the option of taking a longer term view of things with LJ. 

I like Warnock , as someone on the radio or being interviewed away from us. But this morning I am still slightly horse after telling each and every Rov'rum player and manager and the Ref what I thought of them last night !!

A genuine question for the "I'd rather be relegated than have Warnock" posters. 

So, imagine it's now August 2016.  Two scenarios:-

1. We've been relegated under Steve Cotterill.  We're back in League One with a 27,000 seater stadium and in our first game of the new season we drew a crowd of just over 9,000 for a match against Accrington Stanley.  Korey Smith, Jonathan Kodjia, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint and a host of other players have left and signed for Championship clubs over the summer.

2. We've started the new season in the Championship having survived last season after appointing Colin Warnock on a short term contract, and he's now left.  The football was ugly and aggressive, but effective.  We didn't like it but it got us over the line.  We've now appointed a new coach with a long term vision and in our first game of the new season we drew a near sell-out crowd of 25,000 for a match against Aston Villa.  Korey Smith, Jonathan Kodjia, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint have signed new contracts and we have convinced Lee Tomlin to sign permanently.

Which scenario would you choose?

There's no doubt LJ knew what to expect last night. We all did, so as a football professional he would know exactly what Colin was all about. In LJ's prematch interview he said along the lines of, "We'll do what is needed to win, through physicality, aggression or intimidation and I make no apologies about that."

What worries me is that we set out to play like that, knowing what we'd get from Colin. I'd rather we focused on trying to play our own game, knowing that Rotherham would be in our faces, but having the confidence and mental strength to do it. What last night says to me, is that LJ doesn't yet have the confidence to send us out playing his type of football, so we set up to play a way that minimised our strengths whilst allowing Rotherham to play to theirs.

The Millers fan on here before the game said that if we went hard at them in the first 20 we'd probably get our tails up and win. We did exactly that against Bolton and look what happened. Of course I wouldn't expect a 6-0 win against Rotherham, but if we'd gone out and played our way I think we would have won.

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1. We've been relegated under Steve Cotterill.  We're back in League One with a 27,000 seater stadium and in our first game of the new season we drew a crowd of just over 9,000 for a match against Accrington Stanley.  Korey Smith, Jonathan Kodjia, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint and a host of other players have left and signed for Championship clubs over the summer.

2. We've started the new season in the Championship having survived last season after appointing Colin Warnock on a short term contract, and he's now left.  The football was ugly and aggressive, but effective.  We didn't like it but it got us over the line.  We've now appointed a new coach with a long term vision and in our first game of the new season we drew a near sell-out crowd of 25,000 for a match against Aston Villa.  Korey Smith, Jonathan Kodjia, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint have signed new contracts and we have convinced Lee Tomlin to sign permanently.

2 without a doubt. I only ever wanted Colin as a short term interim until the summer. Long term and that shite indefinitely? 

No thanks.

Ugly and gamesmanship it was. Even disreputable. But he came for a much needed point and left with one.

Mission in that respect accomplished and based on form I'd guess Rotherham will stay up.  

Will Colin be there next season/long term?  I doubt it.

Had I seen his teams play before? Many times. Ugly but effective. What I'd not seen before was the extreme that Halford demonstrated last night. Utter disgrace.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Because a worst case scenario and best case scenario are fair things to offer up as options...

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

So, you knew what was coming, but Lee Johnson didn't. That's what you're asking us to believe? You are wasted knocking around with the Senior Reds, old boy!

What can we expect from Wednesday Saturday?

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Because a worst case scenario and best case scenario are fair things to offer up as options...

Actually he's offered up two worst case scenarios. The best case scenario would have been winning, convincingly and in style, every game since SC left, and sneaking into the playoffs, which we then won.

What we've ended up with is better than either of the two scenarios outlined above but still short of the best. It's got potential to improve, though.

3 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Another clear example of flagrant time-wasting from Warnock's cloggers this

These scenarios!

Its like some illusionary dumb cult.

Only he could keep Bristol City up.

And only if he played like that, acted like that, and screeched like that.

At one point he looked like an angry John Travolta on amphet pointing at where he wanted the ball booted into the sky.

6 hours ago, Dead Red said:

Having witnessed his team's antics last night, we were right not to appoint him. He may have kept us up this season but no way would the team move forward with him in charge. He's good at what he does, but it's not for us!

That's the thing though, many of the people who wanted Warnock appointed (myself included at the time) only wanted him until the end of the season in the hope he'd keep us up and then look to appoint someone who could have helped us progress.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

That's the thing though, many of the people who wanted Warnock appointed (myself included at the time) only wanted him until the end of the season in the hope he'd keep us up and then look to appoint someone who could have helped us progress.

Well luckily we have cut out the middle of this process and saved ourselves a lot of extra cost as well.

Archived