IGNORED

Waggy

GrahamC

I know I seem to start a post on him every week but as one of only two players out of contract this summer I thought his performance was really excellent today.

Yes, he came on at 3-0 but his use of the ball was very very good and as usual his energy levels were superb.

Nothing summed him up better than we he covered for a tiring Adam Matthews and got in a bit of great defensive covering on the edge of our box.

Of course he may decide to move on to play more often but I hope we offer him another contract.

Well done Waggy!

Can't believe we would offer the Carthorse an extra year and not Waggy. Like the way he gives us width and pace . He's got proper energy on and off the ball. Wether he can force himself into the starting eleven remains to be seen. I likes him!!!

6 minutes ago, shelts said:

Can't believe we would offer the Carthorse an extra year and not Waggy. Like the way he gives us width and pace . He's got proper energy on and off the ball. Wether he can force himself into the starting eleven remains to be seen. I likes him!!!

We didn't offer Wilbs another year,  he took advantage of the clause in his contract. 

40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know I seem to start a post on him every week but as one of only two players out of contract this summer I thought his performance was really excellent today.

Yes, he came on at 3-0 but his use of the ball was very very good and as usual his energy levels were superb.

Nothing summed him up better than we he covered for a tiring Adam Matthews and got in a bit of great defensive covering on the edge of our box.

Of course he may decide to move on to play more often but I hope we offer him another contract.

Well done Waggy!

Not being disrespectful to Waggy, because I'm definitely in the camp that says keep him, but is he likely to get a contract with a Championship club....unlikely.  Therefore is he happy (assuming we offer him a new deal) to be a bit-part player on probably higher wages than going down to a League One and be a starter?

I dunno.

Think he's proved that he can do a job at this level in the canes we've seen.  Even at Wolves (first league start for yonks) he was busy and efficient with the ball.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not being disrespectful to Waggy, because I'm definitely in the camp that says keep him, but is he likely to get a contract with a Championship club....unlikely.  Therefore is he happy (assuming we offer him a new deal) to be a bit-part player on probably higher wages than going down to a League One and be a starter?

I dunno.

Think he's proved that he can do a job at this level in the canes we've seen.  Even at Wolves (first league start for yonks) he was busy and efficient with the ball.

No, he isn't but as you say, he could walk into a League One club in the South East and be guaranteed to be playing every week, which might be what he wants to do at 26.

I think his sub appearances have shown that when given a chance he is definitely up to the mark and that we should have given him more opportunities on the pitch earlier in the season.

Freeman has started the vast majority of our games and I'm seriously beginning to doubt that he offers us anything more than Waggy and is definitely less of a goal threat.

56 minutes ago, shelts said:

Cart horse ?????

Some of our 'supporters' are 'priceless'

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Well done Waggy!

Tough one this @GrahamC. I really like Waggy but I think it's best for both parties if he moves on. I think LJ needs to be ruthless this summer & as much as I would like Waggy to stay I think it makes sense for him to move on with our best wishes.

Nothing can hide the fact that we need a larger squad and a more experienced and quality one too

Don't forget that four of today's team are loanees,  and next season there will be no loanees. 

MA and LJ will be bringing in new blood and if we have to shed players so be it.  It was misplaced sentiment among other things that got us in this mess in the first place

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No, he isn't but as you say, he could walk into a League One club in the South East and be guaranteed to be playing every week, which might be what he wants to do at 26.

I think his sub appearances have shown that when given a chance he is definitely up to the mark and that we should have given him more opportunities on the pitch earlier in the season.

Freeman has started the vast majority of our games and I'm seriously beginning to doubt that he offers us anything more than Waggy and is definitely less of a goal threat.

Freeman will come good again with proper coaching.

Archived