IGNORED

Apparently We are...........................................

bartos1976

rsz_2czkndpb_w0_aaau_cy_jpg_large.jpg

First used 19/02/12
5844 posts

#114 Today at 19:35 

CC seems to have a problem against the 'British' type of teams. The physical direct kind of sides. From MK, Charlton, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and now Bristol. 
Not good sides but direct, bypassing midfield kind of sides. He has to learn from these games. If we can play football against sides we do well.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

bartos1976

rsz_2czkndpb_w0_aaau_cy_jpg_large.jpg

First used 19/02/12
5844 posts

#114 Today at 19:35 

CC seems to have a problem against the 'British' type of teams. The physical direct kind of sides. From MK, Charlton, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and now Bristol. 
Not good sides but direct, bypassing midfield kind of sides. He has to learn from these games. If we can play football against sides we do well.

Another owls fan did correct him further down this thread referring to the comments made by their commentary team that we did play some good football !

Funny how the myth about Cotterill's style still persists....

truckerowl, 09/04/2016 at 17:01

According to Radio Sheffield, Bristol City were playing good stuff. They may be big bastards but that's the squad that Cotterill signed. Johnson, their new head coach, does like to play footy properly. 

And MK Dons aren't exactly known for their direct play. 

Post edited on 09/04/2016 at 17:07 by Kop Owl

A case in point that comments such as "my mate supports xxx xxx and says player Y is this and that"  should never be trusted. Fans like that simply haven't a clue what they are watching. Might as well stick to reading the ingredients on the back of their pasty during the game. 

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Ah, it was Bobby Reid and Luke Freeman's muscle in midfield that sparked off this comment. 

Not forgetting all those crunching tackles our replacement left back put in. I`m surprised half their players can walk this morning. I mean, if you were tackled by that animal Bryan you`d likely be out for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not forgetting all those crunching tackles our replacement left back put in. I`m surprised half their players can walk this morning. I mean, if you were tackled by that animal Bryan you`d likely be out for the rest of the season.

At one point Nihiu went to ground after he was "pushed" by Joe who's about a foot shorter and 3-4 stone lighter. Was a good laugh. SW weren't flopping around but they had a few cringe moments of it. They played some good quick football at times but I think they really messed up playing Nihiu. I don't know if Hooper was injured but think we'd have struggled more with him and Forestieri. 

A quick look through the highlights yesterday tells you what sort of football we like to play. But the one thing I don't mind is us being physical - that last ditch tackle Baker made yesterday......he effing meant that and that's exactly what I want to see from our boys....physicality with discipline, tactically aware and able to play nice passing football but also to mix it up and get it forward a bit quicker if the particular circumstances of the game dictates. Isn't that what the very best teams do? If Barcelona were playing a team in a Champions League Semi-Final who were useless at defending the ball in behind their back four that is what Xavi and his mates would do isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously LJ and/or the coaches have got into Flint at long last. He didn't "lump it" once yesterday. Short, simple passes all game.

I was very pleasantly surprised.    :thumbsup:

If i recall, he did it once, and it went straight to the feet of Lee Tomiln. But i'm glad to see him tone it down a bit! 

20 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

If i recall, he did it once, and it went straight to the feet of Lee Tomiln. But i'm glad to see him tone it down a bit! 

I definately missed that....and was watching Flint everytime he had the ball at his feet. You sure it wasn't Baker?

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I definately missed that....and was watching Flint everytime he had the ball at his feet. You sure it wasn't Baker?

He spread the ball wide to Tomlin which led to him running into the box for the penalty, a great pass

Archived