IGNORED

Mikael Ndjoli

SotonRed

Starting up front this afternoon for city u21.

Looks as though he's from Millwall, I suppose initially a trial? Looks a good prospect though, Arsenal and Palace have both been linked with him as recent as this month! The link below has a video showing two of his goals. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3519090/Arsenal-Crystal-Palace-tracking-Millwall-youth-team-striker-Mikael-Ndjoli.html

He was released by Millwall recently...it surprised many. Not sure why, as he has a cracking record and is still very young.

I've watched him a few times, he's a cracking player with lots of pace and a great shot.

I have no idea about him as a person though...attitude etc.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Sorry mate...that's just gone 'woosh' over my head...

I couldn't help but assume because he's been let go unexpectedly it must be something to do with his attitude, although there's nothing to suggest it's the case. But you have to wonder.

13 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I couldn't help but assume because he's been let go unexpectedly it must be something to do with his attitude, although there's nothing to suggest it's the case. But you have to wonder.

Indeed...he's a good player and tbh, I'm surprised he was trialling here as I was expecting him to move to a Prem side to continue his development, which might still happen.

Perhaps being released might give him back down to earth if he needs it...Who knows...but he's definitely a talent.

2 hours ago, SotonRed said:

Starting up front this afternoon for city u21.

Looks as though he's from Millwall, I suppose initially a trial? Looks a good prospect though, Arsenal and Palace have both been linked with him as recent as this month! The link below has a video showing two of his goals. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3519090/Arsenal-Crystal-Palace-tracking-Millwall-youth-team-striker-Mikael-Ndjoli.html

Well done, you've just alerted The Post.

Credit due, but I'm sure it won't be given by Shitehausen and company...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Robins-offer-trial-Millwall-teenage/story-29090432-detail/story.html

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I harbour slight worry about U21s. Four of them hardly that raw: Fielding, Vyner, Fry, Morrell, Kelly. Even five of them!

Hardly fair on Fielding, he was carried off injured after 6 minutes...

Whenever I check our youth scores we are always getting smashed or held by youth teams of clubs lower than us!

We have done very well with Bryan ,Reid and burns and hopefully vyner and Morrell will start getting some game time out on loan.

I suppose having a Southampton and West Brom academy close by doesn't help the situation 

If we produce decent players ala Bryan and Reid then I'm not so bothered about the results.  Yes it has a degree of importance but developing technical players who ultimately make it in the first team, surely has to be the priority.  Its a bit like Chelsea and Man City wining loads of games at youth level but most of them don't make it and go elsewhere IF they stay in the game.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Marlon Pack - if you see the other thread, there talking about him being a centre back, so why not drop back goalie too :whistle:

He wins so many headers. He'd be a waste as back up keeper. Him and Flint should start up front. Would suit the long ball game. Wilbs can take Flints spot because he's a defensive forward and Ayling takes Pack's spot. You're welcome Lee Johnson. 

Archived