IGNORED

Villa smell the coffee and cancel their POTY award for 2015/16

Jack Dawe

Wise move. They've really got their finger on the pulse up there. If they had anything about them (the suits), they'd run a club dunce of the year award, or "Villain" of the year. Only you wouldn't need a vote to see who comes out on top in that.

Probably good for us if the same people stay in charge there but not for English football. Look forward to the day that club is back in local hands (or at least someone that cares).

Still, cheers for the day out at VP, Randy (if we stay up, of course) and the return at our place. Can I be the first to say: anyone got a spare for Villa away?

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wise move. They've really got their finger on the pulse up there. If they had anything about them (the suits), they'd run a club dunce of the year award, or "Villain" of the year. Only you wouldn't need a vote to see who comes out on top in that.

Probably good for us if the same people stay in charge there but not for English football. Look forward to the day that club is back in local hands (or at least someone that cares).

Still, cheers for the day out at VP, Randy (if we stay up, of course) and the return at our place. Can I be the first to say: anyone got a spare for Villa away?

I wonder what the allocation will be at Villa Park - anyone know?  I would imagine we are almost certain to sell out our allocation, unless they effectively give us an unlimited allocation like MK do.  Villa Park won't be selling out so anyone who wants to go will be able to, even if they have to POTD in the home areas.

To be perfectly honest, I do think fans can get a bit too precious about this sort of thing (i.e. their team being shite). Fair enough not having a POTY do , Rovers have (on many occasions!) over the last few seasons not bothered announcing a MOTM , when e.g. we are being knocked out of the FA Trophy by Bath City.

However, every season some teams will be relegated, and while it can hurt a bit too much, and can be depressing as ****, if you are a football fan, then you have to accept it goes with the territory.

10 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

To be perfectly honest, I do think fans can get a bit too precious about this sort of thing (i.e. their team being shite). Fair enough not having a POTY do , Rovers have (on many occasions!) over the last few seasons not bothered announcing a MOTM , when e.g. we are being knocked out of the FA Trophy by Bath City.

However, every season some teams will be relegated, and while it can hurt a bit too much, and can be depressing as ****, if you are a football fan, then you have to accept it goes with the territory.

I think sometimes it's the manner in which you go down. Villa have been absolutely dire all season, Norwich for example have at least put up a bit of a fight

6 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Well they've made some changes near the top in the last month bringing in Adrian Bevington, David Bernstein and Brian Little onto the Board together with a fan - Mervyn King...

It will be very interesting to see how Villa fare next season....so much for the country holding its breath to see if Jack Grealish would declare himself available for England or Rep of Ireland....!

1 hour ago, twodogs said:

the away allocation this season is 2900 but possibly they might give us more. great away day plenty of away fan only pubs as well

2900? So the capacity of Villa Park is 29,000? Or not all clubs bother with the 10% for visiting fans thing then

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Not all clubs bother with the 10 per cent certainly not in the premiership, arsenal, villa, man utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City just off the top of my head perhaps they have different rules to the FL?

Well I was hoping for a 5k travelling contingent to St James. I'm pretty sure they will have to give 10 percent but then we didn't take that much up there last time and we sold out didn't we ?

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

The geordies dont give 10 Per cent in the premiership but again might be different rules. in fact the only clubs who do that I can think of are Bournemouth and Norwich

Man Utd don't have 7500 visiting fans for sure. Wonder why we see the "have to give 10%" said on here so often then? Thought this was set in stone. 

Couldn't find links, but I think there is a minimum allocation in the Prem of 10% of capacity, or 2,000, whichever is lower (and think it rises to 15% for FA Cup), and clubs are free to give what they want above that.

Similarly, can't find anything cast-iron about the Championship, but debated at length on here was the seats being given up in the Ateyo when our capacity increases to 27,000 ish. 

Archived