IGNORED

Are we ever going to win the FA cup?

reddogkev

Come on, what's your gut telling you?  I want your heart, belly, and brain to answer this one.

Barring nothing unfortunate happening, I plan to live to see at least 2070 (I'll be ninety and quite happy with that).  So will I see City win the cup in this time?

If Pompey and Wigan can do it, then why not City?

Thoughts?

And how much do you care if we never do?  Personally, I'd die a very disgruntled City fan...

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Come on, what's your gut telling you?  I want your heart, belly, and brain to answer this one.

Barring nothing unfortunate happening, I plan to live to see at least 2070 (I'll be ninety and quite happy with that).  So will I see City win the cup in this time?

If Pompey and Wigan can do it, then why not City?

Thoughts?

And how much do you care if we never do?  Personally, I'd die a very disgruntled City fan...

Defo not this season. Always next year....

Swansea have won the League Cup, Wigan won the FA Cup and Hull got to the final. All of those teams have been in the bottom division in the last 15 years, so the prospect of a club currently lying 18th in the Championship winning it within the next 15 years doesn't sound that unreasonable to me.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Someone asked me today if I'd rather city went up next season or won the FA cup.

Without question for me it is the FA cup .  

You weren't in Stockwood today were you?  I asked someone almost the exact same question, guess his name could've been Dave.

Personally, I'd like to see an upgraded double.

It's not completely preposterous - all you need is a good draw for a couple of rounds and you're in the last 16. If we were an established premier league side it's quite possible - Watford and Palace are in one semi, and we were competing with them on an even keel less than a decade ago. In answer to your question - I'm going to say yes we can.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Haha not me mate.  I was up north.  Far worse.

dont sit on the fence.  FA cup or promotion?

Must be something in the air; but I think you're right, winning the FA cup would get the nod from me.

Much prefer to tell the Grandkids about the time I saw City win the Cup at Wembley.

LJ, I set you a challenge!

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not completely preposterous - all you need is a good draw for a couple of rounds and you're in the last 16. If we were an established premier league side it's quite possible - Watford and Palace are in one semi, and we were competing with them on an even keel less than a decade ago. In answer to your question - I'm going to say yes we can.

All logical points there, Foggy, only I've raised the bar on this one now, looking to win it next season instead...

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We need to ask Aizoon about the experience of watching City in the FA cup final .

He must have been a young man at the time ...

I checked the OTIB archives and came across this post from the cup final day......

24 April 1909.  

5 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Have they scored yet?

Archived