IGNORED

Are we ever going to win the FA cup?

reddogkev

According to the BBC we have won the FA Cup. During commentary of the WHU v MU game last night it was stated that MU haven't won the cup since 2004 and that the previous longest time they had gone between cup wins was 14 years between 1963 to 1977. This must mean that when they won the cup in 1909 and next won it in 1948 (39 year gap) that it was all a mistake, a typo and really City must've won it with a Turnball og. It also means of course, that the 1948 triumph also didn't occur as there is a 15 year gap between that and 1963. So Blackpool must've won the cup in 1948 and all that rubbish about Stanley Matthews and his last chance to win the cup in 1953 was lies.

Of course, it could be just that the BBC employed a commentator whocan't get his facts right.

Unlikely, but never say never.

I think the only way we could win it is to always get drawn against the weakest team left that we could face in each round.

You'd need plenty of other lesser teams causing shocks against the other top teams though, but it could happen one day :)

Lets try and get to the fourth round first though! :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Unlikely, but never say never.

I think the only way we could win it is to always get drawn against the weakest team left that we could face in each round.

You'd need plenty of other lesser teams causing shocks against the other top teams though, but it could happen one day :)

Lets try and get to the fourth round first though! :laugh:

Happened this year, and looking at the teams left we could give them all a close game, though it would depend which Man Utd turn up.

16 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Come on, what's your gut telling you?  I want your heart, belly, and brain to answer this one.

Barring nothing unfortunate happening, I plan to live to see at least 2070 (I'll be ninety and quite happy with that).  So will I see City win the cup in this time?

If Pompey and Wigan can do it, then why not City?

Thoughts?

And how much do you care if we never do?  Personally, I'd die a very disgruntled City fan...

Yes, City win the FA Cup in 2081, and then every year from 2090 onwards.

Lee Johnsons grandchildren bought the club in 2070, finished off the ground by buying the terrace behind the Atyeo, and completing the ground with another stand the size of the West Stand. Capacity increased to 39,500.

Free car parking was provided for all season card holders from 2075; and from 2078 season cards included a half-time warm (not hot) scotch egg, brought to your seat by an army of mascots.

City regularly flirt with Champions League success, but only win the competition once, also in 2081.

Anything else you would like to know?

Uncle TFR

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:
15 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Lee Johnsons grandchildren bought the club in 2070, finished off the ground by buying the terrace behind the Atyeo, and completing the ground with another stand the size of the West Stand. Capacity increased to 39,500.

Free car parking was provided for all season card holders from 2075; and from 2078 season cards included a half-time warm (not hot) scotch egg, brought to your seat by an army of mascots.

City regularly flirt with Champions League success, but only win the competition once, also in 2081.

Uncle TFR

Yes, will I still be alive to see all of this???

By the way, I was born in 1980, so it could be possible.

1 minute ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Do you want the good news, or the devastating bad news?

Uncle TFR

Let me guess, the excitement of winning the semi-final in 2081 kills me on the spot?

Too much for the old heart of a 101-year-old man to take...

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Uncle TFR

Aizoon says yes there is. 

Have they scored yet?

3 hours ago, redfieldred said:

if you asked Portsmouth fans would they give back the cup to return to the premier they would take your arm off.'personally I would rather have the cup devalued or otherwise. 

They have won it a few times though. I wonder if Wimbledon or Coventry fans might think the opposite

Archived