IGNORED

Kevin Friend

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Absolutely disgraceful decision.

I don't believe he would make a biased decision, but the FA are stopping all the potential whinging and whining Spurs fans if a vital decision is made in favour of Stoke which could ultimately "cost them the title".

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Fair enough that he shouldn't do a Leicester game but to not do a rival's game is ridiculous. Someone check to see if an MK fan is doing our game Saturday.

Pretty sure we should check if the ref for the Rotherham game was a fan of theirs ;)

After mounting pressure, Friend - who was born in Bristol - has since been replaced by Neil Swarbrick, but former official Mark Halsey revealed on talkSPORT radio this morning that Friend, to his knowledge, is very much a Robins supporter.

Halsey said: "I know Kevin. He's a Bristol City fan that lives in Leicester."

I wouldn't worry too much about a change of ref for Spurs v Stoke. It could be seen a sensible decision to not have any controversial decisions tainted by accusations about local bias. 

I remember Len Fricker many years ago, who I worked with at Colodense, taking charge of a Gloster Cup Final between City and Rovers. For a City fan, he gave us sod all and even booked a City player. Perhaps he was trying too hard not to show bias! 

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It now appears that just about everyone in the UK has always been a Leicester fan.

I'm surprised that they can find a ref at all.

Problem solved - Chas & Dave are qualified refs and are available to take the Spurs game.

Makes me smile thinking of all those local league games I played in where  each club provided a linesman and the opposition lined our forward line. 

Remember being flagged for offside in one game while I was still in my own half, so was lucky the lino was unbiased!

100% a City Fan. Has lived in Leicester for some years now. Every Referee has to advise of team if any they follow but he has not as has been to the gate. Understandable he has been took off to protect him, piss poor appointing. Same here ..we would never have a Referee that's lived in Bristol do a game 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Met him a few times at away games with his kids. He's very much one of ours. 

You are all wrong. He doesn't support City, he wasn't born here, in fact he has never been to Bristol.

In fact, he's an ideal candidate to ref all of our games in future.

Champions league, here we come!

Archived