IGNORED

Adam Hammill

spudski

21 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Wouldn't be a bad free signing but I hope the club do everything in their power and get Tomlin here. Wouldn't be to happy if this is the guy we look too, to replace tomlin...

Well it wouldn't be, Hammill is a winger which we don't have many of. Tomlin ideally would be played centrally.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well it wouldn't be, Hammill is a winter which we don't have many of. Tomlin ideally would be played centrally.

So Hammill will be good for October - February then. What about the rest of the year?

Knowing many Huddersfield and Barnsley season ticket holders, Hammill is very talented but with a serious attitude problem which in the past has allegedly extended to drink, gambling and women he shouldn't be associating with. I'm not sure that attitude has gone away, he's just playing well again

It's a 'no' from me Bob

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I always think of him and Paul Anderson as the same person for some reason. Would be a good signing, he's a good player when he gets a consistent run of games.

I think there was a time Liverpool had a plethora of wingers coming through their youth team. Must've been around the same time.

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Knowing many Huddersfield and Barnsley season ticket holders, Hammill is very talented but with a serious attitude problem which in the past has allegedly extended to drink, gambling and women he shouldn't be associating with. I'm not sure that attitude has gone away, he's just playing well again

It's a 'no' from me Bob

Same for me.

I know his assault charge, on 2 female paramedics, was in 2012 but I've also heard about poor attitude.

Perhaps LJ thinks he can get the best out of him. I doubt Bristol Sport would be too keen though.

3 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Same for me.

I know his assault charge, on 2 female paramedics, was in 2012 but I've also heard about poor attitude.

Perhaps LJ thinks he can get the best out of him. I doubt Bristol Sport would be too keen though.

While he was at Huddersfield he alledgedly turned up drunk to training repeatedly and a couple of times stormed out the ground after being subbed. He's a good player, but no where near good enough to take a risk on in my opinion

You'd have to trust LJ in his previous dealings with said player. Seeing and knowing what a close tight knit squad we have here, would he really want to bring in someone who, if these "problems" still exist, would be a better fit in the squad that Lee was actually a part of when he was a player here?

If we don't at least show an interest, well then I would say that the problems could still be an issue.

With what LJ is saying about the mentality and type of player he wants, I'd have every faith that if we did make a move for him, it's because Johnson doesn't have concerns about attitude from his dealings with Hammil. 

LJ has made it clear that the sort of player  who is likely to upset the apple cart won't be coming here, so would have to trust his judgement. 

24 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Yep. If LJ reckon's he's a changed man then we'd have to trust that and he's worked with him extensively in recent months. But given his history and chequered level of performance in the Championship, my doubts remain

Was that "chequered level of performance in the Championship" though, down to the sort of off-field lifestyle that included drinking "up to 15 pints of lager and several shots" (source: bbc news website) one night, and subsequently assaulting two paramedics sent to help him? Or are the two unrelated?

I think it's more to do with what we can afford in wages, and whether the player can still improve and offer something.

We have to cut our cloth accordingly...loans are one thing...contracts are another.

Hope we never get an El Abd situation again.

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Was that "chequered level of performance in the Championship" though, down to the sort of off-field lifestyle that included drinking "up to 15 pints of lager and several shots" (source: bbc news website) one night, and subsequently assaulting two paramedics sent to help him? Or are the two unrelated?

Who knows? He could be tee-total these days, I'm sure LJ knows best. I just feel a player with that sort of fairly recent history is going to be a risk

5 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Swap hammill for waggy? Still would prefer adomah back if we were to go for a winger as I see Middlesbrough spending big in the prem.

Adomah is one of boro's main attacking outlets so can't see them wanting to sell him and we couldn't afford his wages now.

Had a look on the barnsley forum and they some on there seem to rate him as one of their best players along with winnall

Archived