IGNORED

3.00pm kick off

22A

I found the following posts on a railway forum today. Rail enthusiasts seem to think along the same lines(!) as football fans.

It's just been stated on BBC NW Tonight that due to Network Rail works combined with the late k.o. (17:15) for the Everton v Man United semi final at Wembley that there will be no trains available to travel back to Manchester or Liverpool. So, the c80,000 travelling fans will have the pleasure of the M6/M1/M40. I don't blame Network Rail but the FA's total disregard for travelling fans.

I guess the kick off time has more to do with the worldwide TV audience and the revenue that brings than the actual fans travelling down to the actual game.

Indeed - sod the English fans who pay vast amounts each Saturday to watch their team! Let's sort out maximum revenue from elsewhere around the world...

No fault of the FA or the Rail Industry. These ko times are decided by the TV Companies in order to give as much coverage to games as possible.

Major sporting events view the actual ticket-buying supporter with contempt. How else would you describe Wales playing 6N home games at 20:00 on a Friday evening? No rugexes, no strengthening, 75-odd thousand (alledgedly- though the crowd gets significantly reduced for a Fri night game) plus the usual office workers & Friday night revellers in Cardiff with the last Valley trains leaving at 23:00. Result = Complete bedlam!

TV Companies don't give a flying **** about the fans who like me will turn up to as many games as work will allow me to get to. It's a 1715 kick off and if you want to go, you go and put up with all the s**t of trying to get there and back as best you can.
Some of the worst examples this season have been 1245 Kick offs at Norwich, certainly Everton, Man City, Liverpool have all had this this season, and this Saturday Norwich v Sunderland is a 1245 kick off....

They're only interested in money, let's not pretend otherwise. Much like every other business. A plumber really doesn't have a passion for water, does he?  If the international burger flipping championships raised more money they'd be 'the home' of that instead. 

In  a similar vein all long distances matches when first released should be on Saturdays

This season:

similar distances Sheff wed Bolton  Preston and Burnley

Saturday at Sheff Wed 1,184 City fans 180 miles

saturday at Bolton 1,284 City fans 178 miles

Bank holiday Monday at Burnley 372 City fans 205 miles

Preston midweek match 324 City fans 189 miles

Archived