IGNORED

Mooney Leaves Swindon

Ronnie

Along with heffernan?That would be a fantastic strike force but i dont think we need another striker. Were did you get this info from?
Yups, An "Insider" tell's me Mooney has agreed in principle a deal with city, He is expected to sign tommorow.

Looks like we got Mooney then?

All Happy? :P:whistle:

Could he be on his way to BCFC?

Normally, i'd say go for him, but this Marcus Stewart business, however unlikely, is really tantalising.

Think we'll get someone as soon as Peacock's departure is confirmed. Trust Tinman is being decisive and not confused by the seemingly endless possibilities.

Both would be good signings, main thing is we don't end up with neither due to agents' prevarications.

That's if we really need another striker? :whistle:

At the moment we do because heffernan hasnt signed yet , he's the goal poacher we need and mooney would work well with him , but i'd like to see lita , gillespie and miller and roberts given a fair chance. So we may have too many strikers if we sign mooney as well as heffernan.

Normally, i'd say go for him, but this Marcus Stewart business, however unlikely, is really tantalising.

Think we'll get someone as soon as Peacock's departure is confirmed. Trust Tinman is being decisive and not confused by the seemingly endless possibilities.

Both would be good signings, main thing is we don't end up with neither due to agents' prevarications.

Marcus will not be signing for City, Sorry to shatter anyones dreams but we can't afford him...simple.

Leapys outa here, I think Mooney signing makes that all the more apparent.

I must say I'm not a massive Mooney fan, but if he can get us to that new legue above us then I'll love him!

:dunno:

At the moment we do because heffernan hasnt signed yet , he's the goal poacher we need and mooney would work well with him , but i'd like to see lita , gillespie and miller and roberts given a fair chance. So we may have too many strikers if we sign mooney as well as heffernan.
Maybe Tin's wants to go nuts this season and play 3 up front?

I myself like the idea of that.

But I agree we are going to be heavy up front and lets hope we can keep them all happy :whistle:

What we don't want is a repeat of the last playoff final when we had nothing up front, i'm thinking Tin's knows this only too well.

Agreed Cider red, it's those four being pushed into the background that concerns me as i'd like to see them ALL stay and that's not likely with 2 new strikers.

Did Roberts play in midfield at Exeter, got a feeling he did? Maybe alot better there than on the wing. Could be the goal-scoring midfielder we seek?

Certainly can get into the box, and one hell of a shot on him. :whistle:

Agreed Cider red, it's those four being pushed into the background that concerns me as i'd like to see them ALL stay and that's not likely with 2 new strikers.

Did Roberts play in midfield at Exeter, got a feeling he did? Maybe alot better there than on the wing. Could be the goal-scoring midfielder we seek?

Certainly can get into the box, and one hell of a shot on him. :dunno:

Roberts played on the right wing at exeter but his main position was up front , he is best being a striker. I think he could play in the hole between the front two and midfield though , because he has got a lethal shot. (when he gets it on target!! :whistle: ) This would leave room for miller , lita or gillespie on the bench.

Guest Champagne Football

I reckon Tins will push Roberts out to the left wing if Brown doesn't sign.

.......................Phillips..........................

..........Carey .....Coles ........Hill.............

Murray...........Doherty...Tinnion.............

.............Miller............................Roberts

.................Heffernan.....Mooney............

That is if Hill and Carey sign new contracts, if they don't they can easily be replaced.

Roberts played on the right wing at exeter but his main position was up front , he is best being a striker. I think he could play in the hole between the front two and midfield though , because he has got a lethal shot. (when he gets it on target!! :whistle: ) This would leave room for miller , lita or gillespie on the bench.

Sounds good to me, i'm an unashamed Roberts fan, and as much as anything my son would be as sick as a pig if he was squeezed out.

Roberts adds goals to the team - if he's played in a position to get a sight of goal. With 2 new recognised goal-scorers, i hope a place can still be found for Roberts who is always likely to come up with the unexpected and vital goal, when the more conventional avenues are drawing a blank.

His end of season goal-rush hardly merits banishment to the reserves (or worse). :dunno:

...........................Phillips........................

................Carey.........Coles.............Hill

Murray..............The doc..........Wilkshire.........bell/other

.........................Roberts......................

..................Mooney...............Heffernan.......

Subs:

Miller

Gillespie

New midfielder

Clayton

That would be my team for next season depending on who we sign.

That is if Hill and Carey sign new contracts, if they don't they can easily be replaced.

Don't think he will play Roberts on the left, but then again I don't have a clue how he will accomodate all of the players.

Has Tinnion talked about playing the players in their correct posistion yet?

I like the look of that! :whistle:

Guest redjet

Mooney will spend most of the season injured now he has negotiated a good wage for his retirement year, lets hope for your sake tinpot has incorporated an appearance clause!:whistle:

Stick Roberts back on the wing so people can slag him off like last season when he was playing on the right?

Leave him up front with Heffernan

Thats why my formation is better! :P Roberts is much better suited to up front or playing just behind the strikers on than on the wing.

Ketchup?? Its very reliable with chips! :P
I hope and pray we DONT get Mooney, overated, overweight and overpaid. We have enough strikers we dont need a missionary seeing out his last playing year(s). His best has long gone, just look at the tail end of last season, he's no better than Peacock

Archived