IGNORED

Top Half Finish?

RedBrizzleRobin

Surely a great opportunity tomorrow to get our selves within touching distance of 12! With both Fulham and Wolves losing today, Leeds playing Reading and Blackburn V Huddersfield, we've got the chance of at worst being 4 points off 12 but quite possibly just 3. I know a lot of people consider our season pretty much over but it would be a fantastic achievement considering where we were but 2 months ago.  I'd wager it would help sell the club to players that much easier as well, to even being able to consider a top half finish this season has to be commended to LJ for his efforts and also the club for bringing in the 'right' players to turn it around. I know they messed up the summer but a little praise should be given for turning it around as well. 

If Brentford beat us though... just ignore what I've said ;)

17 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Surely a great opportunity tomorrow to get our selves within touching distance of 12! With both Fulham and Wolves losing today, Leeds playing Reading and Blackburn V Huddersfield, we've got the chance of at worst being 4 points off 12 but quite possibly just 3. I know a lot of people consider our season pretty much over but it would be a fantastic achievement considering where we were but 2 months ago.  I'd wager it would help sell the club to players that much easier as well, to even being able to consider a top half finish this season has to be commended to LJ for his efforts and also the club for bringing in the 'right' players to turn it around. I know they messed up the summer but a little praise should be given for turning it around as well. 

I said 12th at the start of the season. Cant believe it is now a possibility after the 1st half of the season. Mind you we could still go down!!

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

May sound odd but I dont want a top half finish I want the club/players/board/management to remember how hard this season was and think thats never going to happen again

Whilst I see your angle we should always be going for the best possible position! It would show potential new signings that we are on the up and finished very well.

7 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

What does say finishing 18th compare with finishing say 14th in terms of prize money?. Anyone know?

Hmm have a look at this not sure of its legitimacy mind you

http://thefootballfront.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/two-different-worlds-premier-league-and.html?m=1

Tbh after reading it i think it's a worthless link! 

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hmm have a look at this not sure of its legitimacy mind you

http://thefootballfront.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/two-different-worlds-premier-league-and.html?m=1

Tbh after reading it i think it's a worthless link! 

Cheers for that Kodj. Your right it seems not clear. Think it might be one of those rules that is made up each season depending who is where.....nudge nudge wink wink..

1 hour ago, marmite said:

I said 12th at the start of the season. Cant believe it is now a possibility after the 1st half of the season. Mind you we could still go down!!

I said 14th at the start of the season, only a few points off that, though I hadn't expected such a struggle.

2 hours ago, twodogs said:

May sound odd but I dont want a top half finish I want the club/players/board/management to remember how hard this season was and think thats never going to happen again

Agreed,we won't have a bolton or charlton who through off field matters shot themselves in the foot this season.As you say hopefully the whole club keeps pushing on in the right direction I believe we are heading in lately 

3 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

What does say finishing 18th compare with finishing say 14th in terms of prize money?. Anyone know?

Just a guess but i would think the premiership equivalent of about 40p.

However in terms of feel good, new season momentum amd attracting better players?... Priceless.

7 hours ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Ok...and don't call me Shirley

Fulham lost last night. At half time today City were winning, Blackburn & Leeds both losing. City are home next weeks, Leeds are away.

All in all, I thought yes we will finish top half. Leeds fought back to win  and City only drew, so we'll finish in mid table, but it'll be in the lower half.

18 hours ago, City169 said:

I said 14th at the start of the season, only a few points off that, though I hadn't expected such a struggle.

Really? I did. Not at first but after the euphoria of the Championship wore off and I looked at the League I did. We were very open last year and if Lee hadn't of come in, or Wade and Pembo to be fair , we would be down by now.  A good summer and I can still see only touching distance of playoff's. But as LJ said 3 windows.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Really? I did. Not at first but after the euphoria of the Championship wore off and I looked at the League I did. We were very open last year and if Lee hadn't of come in, or Wade and Pembo to be fair , we would be down by now.  A good summer and I can still see only touching distance of playoff's. But as LJ said 3 windows.

I didn't expect us to be comfortable all season or anything like that. I thought we'd have a season of trundling along in around 16th or 17th for the most part, having the odd week or two where we drop/climb a place or 2 higher. It became apparent that we were going down under Cotterill no doubt about that, and credit to all involved in the turnaround- Am I right in thinking that our form under LJ is still playoff form when extrapolated over a season? 

I agree with your last bit, and I don't think we need a big overhaul of this squad to have a solid top half team, that is as long as we can get a couple of the loans in permanently, we will just need a bit of cover.

24 minutes ago, City169 said:

I didn't expect us to be comfortable all season or anything like that. I thought we'd have a season of trundling along in around 16th or 17th for the most part, having the odd week or two where we drop/climb a place or 2 higher. It became apparent that we were going down under Cotterill no doubt about that, and credit to all involved in the turnaround- Am I right in thinking that our form under LJ is still playoff form when extrapolated over a season? 

I agree with your last bit, and I don't think we need a big overhaul of this squad to have a solid top half team, that is as long as we can get a couple of the loans in permanently, we will just need a bit of cover.

Think we would be a bit outside with 59 points at average of 1.4 ppg over the last 10 games.

4 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Think we would be a bit outside with 59 points at average of 1.4 ppg over the last 10 games.

That's right, though if we do since LJ got the job- starting with Ipswich home- it's 1.67 ppg over 12 games, or 76.67 over the season. 

Quite an incredible turnaround regardless.

Archived