IGNORED

Just back from Brentford

REDOXO

Sat in the home end today. Enjoyable game, with a point a fair result. Both teams trying to win it. They probably had more chances but we looked good at times and surely should've had a penalty first half from Kodjia. 

If Kodjia learns to pass he'll be about the best player in the league...

57 minutes ago, leylandsroad said:

Took me 2 hours to get back to bath, Brentford were very good, the winger on loan from Liverpool excellent. We were below par, done very well to get a draw. Strange subs taking off tomlin and Matthews but a very good point. Tomlin is bloody magic I think I'm in love

Tbh I think Tomlin was taken off early as there was every possibility he could've been sent off...

Loved our chant mind, 1-0 to the fat ba5tard ;)

Below par performance but for me could've wrapped it up if Bobby got the pen, looked stonwall to me although he should've stuck it in the net rather than be hesitant

All in all a fair result. Just frustrating to save a penalty and then concede.

Thought those last minute goals we

kept letting in  had gone for good.

Both sides had  opportunities to score but wasted all but one each.

You could see why both teams are where they are.

Nice to be able to have a drink in a pub a minutes walk from the 

away end  and then stand on the terrace.

Am I the only one who thought we were much too deep, just hanging on and not having enough targets to clear it to. Also, how many times did we leave their wide men in acres of space, only trying to close them down once they had got the ball under control and started a run? Far too many crosses coming into our box. Eventually one was bound to go in.

1 hour ago, Fatalist said:

Am I the only one who thought we were much too deep, just hanging on and not having enough targets to clear it to. Also, how many times did we leave their wide men in acres of space, only trying to close them down once they had got the ball under control and started a run? Far too many crosses coming into our box. Eventually one was bound to go in.

Their left winger and left back often doubled up on matthews with freeman nowhere to be seen. Difficult for matthews to mark two.

9 hours ago, Lymebayrobin said:

All in all a fair result. Just frustrating to save a penalty and then concede.

Thought those last minute goals we

kept letting in  had gone for good.

Both sides had  opportunities to score but wasted all but one each.

You could see why both teams are where they are.

Nice to be able to have a drink in a pub a minutes walk from the 

away end  and then stand on the terrace.

Haven't Brentfort got a pub situated at every corner of the ground?

34 minutes ago, Redrobbin said:

Thanks. Never been there personally. Had a workmate who was a Brentford fan.  

That was his little quip "A pub on every corner". 

great day out Brentford friendly fans good stewarding. Old fashion terrace. Top quality fullers beer served with a smile. There was even a bloke giving out free tea by the ticket office. All wrapped up with a bit of sunshine after the game. Shame about the result . Think we deserved three points on the strength of those two penalty shouts alone. There cant be many football grounds that are better to visit . What a contrast with mkeynes!

11 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

great day out Brentford friendly fans good stewarding. Old fashion terrace. Top quality fullers beer served with a smile. There was even a bloke giving out free tea by the ticket office. All wrapped up with a bit of sunshine after the game. Shame about the result . Think we deserved three points on the strength of those two penalty shouts alone. There cant be many football grounds that are better to visit . What a contrast with mkeynes!

Last chance this season though isn`t it? I think they`re going to their new ground for next.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Last chance this season though isn`t it? I think they`re going to their new ground for next.

I don't think they've started building it yet. They were on sky for their pre season thing and they were going to build on a waste site but at that time it was still a waste facility. Think it's another year or two at least 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't think they've started building it yet. They were on sky for their pre season thing and they were going to build on a waste site but at that time it was still a waste facility. Think it's another year or two at least 

Oh right. I thought it was much closer to being finished than that - it seems to have been talked about for years. Bit like the gas I suppose with the obvious difference that Brentford will actually get a new stadium.

2 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

Yes my work mate had said its a proper old school ground. 

Now MK I have been to (this season). Your certainly correct there. Soulless.  Less than a quarter full. Slap bang in the middle of a retail park. Odd experience. 

13 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Exactly how we saw it. Right from the off we were on the backfoot and that's how the game was played. We certainly missed Wilbs to aim at never mind him being able to hold the ball up and take a few knocks. I looked at the bench and wondered who we might change, maybe Wagstaff might have had a run at them, but really there wasn't too much there. 

We looked much weaker when Tomlin went off, but he was so wide most balls out to him went out or were mopped up easily. We seemed to be always losing the ball ,and then trying to get it back from a lively Brentford who were able to find ways through easier than we could.

At 3.00 I was happy with the prospect of a point, by 4.45 I was delighted. Felt like we had lost on the whole though. 

I thought it was a very enjoyable game which we (Brentford) shaded, but a point was probably a fair result. Your keeper was excellent, best performance I've seen from a visiting keeper all season. Ref was awful. How he didn't send Barbet off for the first challenge on Kodjia outside the box and then didn't give a penalty when he got nowhere near the ball 5 mins later was ludicrous. I saw someone elsewhere mention that you should have had two penalties, just wondering what the other one was for? Barbet made two other challenges in the box but looked to me at the time and on the highlights that he got the ball.

I think both teams are quite similar in that we look dangerous going forward but very shaky at the back. Lead to a good, open game and I look forward to the next one.

57 minutes ago, JLK said:

I thought it was a very enjoyable game which we (Brentford) shaded, but a point was probably a fair result. Your keeper was excellent, best performance I've seen from a visiting keeper all season. Ref was awful. How he didn't send Barbet off for the first challenge on Kodjia outside the box and then didn't give a penalty when he got nowhere near the ball 5 mins later was ludicrous. I saw someone elsewhere mention that you should have had two penalties, just wondering what the other one was for? Barbet made two other challenges in the box but looked to me at the time and on the highlights that he got the ball.

I think both teams are quite similar in that we look dangerous going forward but very shaky at the back. Lead to a good, open game and I look forward to the next one.

I think they might be referring to Bobby Reid in the second half after your keeper had made a mess of his clearance. Although your player won the ball I felt that he had to shove bobby in the back first to do so. However if Bobby had just tapped it into the empty net we wouldn't be debating this....

A pretty fair assessment of the game. It felt like we were hanging on for long periods, especially in the second half, but we were still carving out clear chances for ourselves. I have to say that I enjoyed watching Brentford and think you have had a decent enough season considering the amount of outgoings you had in the summer... although I'm sure you might feel differently having done so well last year.

It would have been interesting to see how it would have panned out if the referee had bothered to do his job first half, but at the end of the day I would have been happy with a point before KO and if you had told me in January we would be 10 points clear of danger with 4 games to go- i'd have bitten your hand off!!

Archived