IGNORED

Neil Warnock in ego trip shocker

BRISTOL86

Neil Warnock
Neil Warnock has won six of his 12 games as Rotherham manager

Rotherham United boss Neil Warnock has said he believes he is the best manager in the Championship.

The 67-year-old took charge of the Millers in February after Neil Redfearn was sacked and has guided them towards a position of safety.

Warnock has been promoted to the top flight three times in his career.

"I don't think there is anybody else who can touch me at this level. My record is as good as anybody's," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I have got to show the lads what I want and why I have been successful and they have got to come on board and they have done.

"When I came here I said 'you know how old I am and you know how many games are left and I have not come here to get relegated'. They have taken it on board and they have seen that we can move mountains and it is possible to achieve the unachievable."

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:
Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock has won six of his 12 games as Rotherham manager

Rotherham United boss Neil Warnock has said he believes he is the best manager in the Championship.

The 67-year-old took charge of the Millers in February after Neil Redfearn was sacked and has guided them towards a position of safety.

Warnock has been promoted to the top flight three times in his career.

"I don't think there is anybody else who can touch me at this level. My record is as good as anybody's," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I have got to show the lads what I want and why I have been successful and they have got to come on board and they have done.

"When I came here I said 'you know how old I am and you know how many games are left and I have not come here to get relegated'. They have taken it on board and they have seen that we can move mountains and it is possible to achieve the unachievable."

There are , as yet undiscovered , tribes in the Amazon rain forest who know how old Colin is .

Seems to be an issue with him .

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Cue them losing their last four heavily and going down on goal difference or is that too much to hope for.

As much as I hate Colin I also despise Franchise Dons and that scouse gimp Robinson so I'm happy either way now that it's not us :) 

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Cue them losing their last four heavily and going down on goal difference or is that too much to hope for.

Oh if only, they might lose the four, but unfortunately I have no hope that MK or Charlton can  hold up their end. :(

Sounds like a positive interview on a local radio station, he's right, he has been very successful at this level.

Everything he says publicly seems to generate a bit of hysteria on here.

He has seven promotions on his CV, he is very successful and he is gonna keep Rotherham up....

And yes, I wanted him at our club, and I have done for many years, not just recently.

But is there any need to jump on everything he says now?!

He's pretty much right. When you've achievements to be proud of why should he be ashamed? It's a very British trait that one must underplay their achievements in the pursuit of graciousness. He's got a great record which he has earned the right to be proud of. 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sounds like a positive interview on a local radio station, he's right, he has been very successful at this level.

He has seven promotions on his CV, he is very successful and he is gonna keep Rotherham up....

And yes, I wanted him at our club, and I have done for many years, not just recently.

Hmmm.... Gary Johnson some 7 years younger has done 5 promotions and one Cup. He's done it with much more unfashionable teams, with less money and a whole world more dignity .

Sorry.

#**** Warnock

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Hmmm.... Gary Johnson some 7 years younger has done 5 promotions and one Cup. He's done it with much more unfashionable teams, with less money and a whole world more dignity .

Sorry.

#**** Warnock

You think Warnock has done it with 'fashionable teams'??? 

Scarborough, Notts Co, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff U and QPR - I'd suggest at least four of those aren't thought of as glamorous clubs in the world of football!

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sorry.

#**** Warnock

And how many Prem promotions has GJ got? And GJ only done it with 3 clubs.

Warnock done it with 6 and took Notts County to the top flight.

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree that much of what he says/does is overblown on here, but to come out and call yourself the best manager in the league?! 

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You think Warnock has done it with 'fashionable teams'??? 

Scarborough, Notts Co, Huddersfield, Plymouth, Sheff U and QPR - I'd suggest at least four of those aren't thought of as glamorous clubs in the world of football!

Compared to Yeovil and Cheltenham- yes

7 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

And how many Prem promotions has GJ got? And GJ only done it with 3 clubs.

Warnock done it with 6 and took Notts County to the top flight.

5 promotions. As many many ex League clubs can tell you, getting out of the Conference with next to no money is no easy feat and Gary's done it twice.

But that's not my point- it's about humility which Colin is devoid of.

I'd recommend Warnock's Autobiography 'Made in Sheffield' to all Football fans . 

He's certainly not had it easy and has always been successful . He's got his own methods , he knows how to organise , he knows the characters he can work with and he knows how to motivate . He's not short in self-confidence , and not afraid to push the laws to the limit . 

His 'professional' personality is somewhat cultivated and very different to his private self . Love him or hate him, you always notice him .

I can think of loads of games at Ashton Gate which blur into 'just another match' , but I remember clearly every single game when Warnock's sides have been the visitors .

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Compared to Yeovil and Cheltenham- yes

5 promotions. As many many ex League clubs can tell you, getting out of the Conference with next to no money is no easy feat and Gary's done it twice.

But that's not my point- it's about humility which Colin is devoid of.

I agree Colin is a cretin but GJ has no where near achieved what he has in the game but a much more likeable character. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well not many other managers in our div have been promoted three times into the top div in English football...

It's still crass to come out and say it yourself. Much as I disliked Ferguson, you didn't often hear him blowing his own trumpet even though he was in a different league to most. 

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think Colin's record speaks for itself.

Which makes it all the more distasteful that he comes out with the self indulgent crap that he does. Like I said, it's about humility not who's better than who.

Imagine the uproar if Johnny Russel came out with 'I'm much better than Jonathan Kodjia' before kick off tomorrow...but because it's that loveable rogue Colin, it's fine :blink:

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Imagine the uproar if Johnny Russel came out with 'I'm much better than Jonathan Kodjia' before kick off tomorrow...but because it's that loveable rogue Colin, it's fine :blink:

'I thought it was a disgrace, I know he's a young manager, but it was almost inciting the crowd that. I thought that was out of order doing that. Like father like son.'

Followed by:

'I can't say anything bad about anybody.'

Followed by accusing BCFC of never providing hot showers in the away dressing room. My personal opinion is that he's an unpleasant man. It's a bit like Suarez- hugely talented but deeply unpleasant.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It was a Warnock interview with his local radio station...the only reason it has achieved wider exposure is because you posted it on here....

You're trying to create 'uproar'...

Archived