IGNORED

Neil Warnock in ego trip shocker

BRISTOL86

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Imagine the uproar if Johnny Russel came out with 'I'm much better than Jonathan Kodjia' before kick off tomorrow...but because it's that loveable rogue Colin, it's fine :blink:

It might be crass, but like I said in my opinion it's very peculiar to the British to be so downbeat on oneself. He can back up his assertions, he's not spouting nonsense.

I don't feel he should be embarrassed by beating his own drum; it's like in job appraisals when I've line managed people I sit there and they squirm to sing of their successes and I think why? Show some pride in what you've done, show some pride in your achievements. Don't overplay your hand but equally don't sell yourself short because you feel it's arrogant.

Arrogance to me is not identifying your shortcomings, not being embarrassed of your successes. If you're going to be embarrassed by excelling why bother excelling?

Before judging it as crass I'd like to hear the interview. See how he was led to those quotes. 

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was a Warnock interview with his local radio station...the only reason it has achieved wider exposure is because you posted it on here....

You're trying to create 'uproar'...

You'll find it on the BBC Championship news as a headline.

I think it's not just the OP who finds it note worthy

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was a Warnock interview with his local radio station...the only reason it has achieved wider exposure is because you posted it on here....

You're trying to create 'uproar'...

I think it achieved wider exposure because it was on the BBC homepage, rather than the fact that I pointed it out to a handful of Bristol City fans...

He is a very knowledgable football man, who is at his most liked either:

- when he's managing 'your' club, or

- he's at no club.

Prior to him going to Rotherham I quite liked listening to him on Talksport, but once in charge of a club he reverts to his alter-ego, creating a siege mentality that works for him.

Cant believe everyone gets too wound up about it.

The recent game v Rotherham, was not about Warnock, but about a shit referee, yet most focus was on Warnock.

And yet again he mentions us in the interview....words to the effect of "And the rapport I have with the likes of Ipswich, Sheff Weds and Bristol City spur me on". Despite the fact he is seems to be a Jekyl and Hyde character who divides opinion we clearly leave an impression on him.  

I for one like it when we get noticed!

16 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:
Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock has won six of his 12 games as Rotherham manager

Rotherham United boss Neil Warnock has said he believes he is the best manager in the Championship.

The 67-year-old took charge of the Millers in February after Neil Redfearn was sacked and has guided them towards a position of safety.

Warnock has been promoted to the top flight three times in his career.

"I don't think there is anybody else who can touch me at this level. My record is as good as anybody's," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I have got to show the lads what I want and why I have been successful and they have got to come on board and they have done.

"When I came here I said 'you know how old I am and you know how many games are left and I have not come here to get relegated'. They have taken it on board and they have seen that we can move mountains and it is possible to achieve the unachievable."

Thing is he is right

59 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm looking forward to a day when I open the browser and not find Warnock or Rovers on page number 1...will it ever happen?

Darrell moves on to higher things, Colin is attracted to managing in his beloved West Country. How about that? We could combine our two worst fears in one package. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'm looking forward to a day when I open the browser and not find Warnock or Rovers on page number 1...will it ever happen?

Just think what would happen if they popped up in the same thread. This place would go into meltdown!

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Darrell moves on to higher things, Colin is attracted to managing in his beloved West Country. How about that? We could combine our two worst fears in one package. 

I see the humour fella...but tbh, I have no idea what is really going on at the Gas...I don't read the threads or follow what they do...apart from seeing their results or league position. I'm not interested at all...I don't have banter with Gas fans, or have any mighty dislike for them...they just don't exist in my life. They are off my radar so to speak....so it irks me when I see so much interest and posts written about them by City fans. It's like watching politicians...more intent in talking about the failings of the opposition party and what they are doing, rather than the pros and cons of their own party.

As for Warnock...he's good at what he does. Getting results playing his way and getting people to talk about him.

Wouldn't want him here, because I don't like his style of football...still don't get the fascination with the guy though.

Anyway...I've added again to a thread i'm not really interested in :facepalm:

Have to say I agree with his comments. Him and Mick Mccarthy are two of the best managers in this league in my opinion purely down to their track records. Warnock in term of success albeit mainly in teams who play 'ugly' styles. And Mick Mccarthy due to the ability to build teams with very low budgets and making clubs more sustainable.

Heard this morning and didn't know that Neil Warnocks wife is very poorly with breast cancer and deep in the middle of chaemotherapy 

Apparently Neil has been looking after and nursing  his wife and it was her that told him to apply for / take the Rotherham job to help him through their situation

Rotherham fans are so grateful and touched that they've been collecting for her and she has donated the money to cancer relief

I like Rotherham as a club , and I like NW tho often both these go out the window when we play them or any of his sides

Hadnt seen this posted before

Personally I respect the fella (And his wife) even more and what he's achieved at Rotherham whilst this is going on is remarkable as it is admirable 

Good Luck Mrs W , nothing but thoughts and fingers crossed for them

On 19 April 2016 at 13:59, Leveller said:

Or even better (or worse depending on your perspective) he manages Rovers and City play them at Ashton Gate in a cup match!

On 18/04/2016 at 21:32, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Compared to Yeovil and Cheltenham- yes

5 promotions. As many many ex League clubs can tell you, getting out of the Conference with next to no money is no easy feat and Gary's done it twice.

But that's not my point- it's about humility which Colin is devoid of.

GJ is hardly a shrinking violet?

Bit shocked tbh at the lack of sympathy for Neil Warnock the person , and his wife :blink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3555550/Neil-Warnock-works-miracle-Rotherham-owe-survival-wife-s-courage.html

We all love our football and NW is the football devil to some here but this is about something far more serious

I read in today's papers Warnock stated; "Next season will be my last as a Manager. It will be in the Championship, but possibly somewhere other that Rotherham".

I was surprised he took that Rotherham job though. When he left Palace he announced "I don't have the stomach for a relegation battle anymore".

To start speculation; If he wants to stay at this level, but leave Rotherham, is he going to move in on Villa perhaps?

Archived