IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

Tipps69

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

You didn't answer the question.... 'is the sort of signing City should be making'. In my opinion no.

The Gaffer?? You actually play for the club do you..:) 

You have a problem with City signing young players with potential? Like I say, I've not seen him play, but I have no problem signing a 20 year old kid with potential if the scouting team all agree on it. They know far more than you or I, I suspect

Gaffer - it's a term of endearment. Do I play for the club? That's for me to know and you to work out, I guess.....

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

I'm talking about the players City signed.

So what you saying.......the players city brought in have proved themselves to be able to step up?

Some of squad have begun to step up as the season has progressed, but not as I expected.

I didn't say any City signing from league 1 or 2 is shite, they are far far from it, they ran riot in league 1.

My point, as you clearly missed, is the step up to the Championship is clearly huge.

I think the point you're missing is it comes down to the individual, not where they have come from. By your own admission some of the squad that struggled have begun to step up. The gap is not insurmountable and for some (O'Donnell) is a breeze.

There's also the point that when 'we bought the best of League One' we bought them with the aim of playing in League One and getting us out of League One. Not with an express view of slotting straight in to a Championship side to play against Championship teams.

There is also a consideration of what is this guy being brought in to be? Is it someone to share the workload with a threadbare squad, or is it for something more. Purely hypothetical, and unlikely, but perhaps the club are expecting to have Odemwingie on board and don't think he's up to 46 games. Just as Wilbraham needs to be used sparingly to be at his best Odemwingie might need to. Brownhill could be a deputy for development.

For me we still have a tiny squad and we need players to share the responsibilities. So if he's being brought in to deputise and to make impacts he could be exactly the type of signing we need. If he's being brought in to start again he could be exactly the type of signing we need. Just like signing a striker from Ligue 2 in France was exactly the type of signing we need, as was signing a Goalkeeper from a League One's reserve squad.

If it's our only business then I'd agree with you, if it's one of multiple deals then I am far from agreeing with you.

Archived