IGNORED

Arsenal & Man U crowds

INCRED

Just goes to show you can be one of the biggest clubs in the world with large stadium capacities but if your not winning trophies or playing crap football or both then you won't fill the stands.

These stay away so called fans think they have a God given right to win things every season. How refreshing to see different clubs in contention.

I saw the sparce crowd at Arsenal tonight and thought they must have had problems getting there on the tube or something, but it didn't improve. They actually said it was the smallest crowd they had seen. So I looked the prices up, and it stated it was sold out! I guess many just didnt bother, shocking. For those that didn't see it was like a reserve match, you could clearly hear the players shouting at each other. I don't know what the attendance was given at, but if they are like us they count the ST's anyway.

6 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

all the top clubs in the prem dont need gate money to be sustainable....believe it or not 

They also don't care in either instance as the season tickets etc are already sold.. Both will announce near capacity attendances 

Kind of fair enough for Arsenal. They should have won the Prem this season but by keeping Arsene way past his sell by date, it has cost them. They need change and the fans recognise it.

Man U - just great to see them struggle in to 5th place as I doubt they will get in to Champions League now.

7 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

all the top clubs in the prem dont need gate money to be sustainable....believe it or not 

They may not need it to be sustainable due to merchandise, tv etc, but it certainly helps the financial position.  

I heard the other day that Arsenal make more money from tickets in three or so home games than Sunderland all season.

So ticket sales still change a team's position. 50,000 @ £30 per ticket = £1.5m. 25,000 @ £20 = £0.5. Coming into your account every fortnight. That's a difference of two Yaya Toures. 

9 hours ago, INCRED said:

Just goes to show you can be one of the biggest clubs in the world with large stadium capacities but if your not winning trophies or playing crap football or both then you won't fill the stands.

These stay away so called fans think they have a God given right to win things every season. How refreshing to see different clubs in contention.

Show me a club that doesn't have lower attendances when they're not doing well. In our play off season we were getting 19k every week. Did those 4k who disappeared do so because of any "God given right"?

United are the biggest club in the country with the highest attendances. They are underachieving and playing boring football at the same time. I don't think it's unreasonable for their fans to expect them to be doing better than they are.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Show me a club that doesn't have lower attendances when they're not doing well. In our play off season we were getting 19k every week. Did those 4k who disappeared do so because of any "God given right"?

If you're thinking 2007/08 we only got 19k at home four times, our average at home was 16k...

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I also heard that.

I was going to edit but that option's already expired!

Anyway just heard on the radio that Arsenal fans stayed away in protest at "their fading title challenge".

So not going because your team aren't doing very well.  I thought that's just what people did, I didn't know that it could be defined as a "protest".

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was going to edit but that option's already expired!

Anyway just heard on the radio that Arsenal fans stayed away in protest at "their fading title challenge".

So not going because your team aren't doing very well.  I thought that's just what people did, I didn't know that it could be defined as a "protest".

I heard that. It lowered my opinion of some Premier League fans even further.

I can't stand Arsenal fans...some of the most deluded fans on the planet.

Wenger has made them what they are...they were mediocre before he arrived.

He's been with them since 1996...you only have to look at this graph to highlight how good he is.

Would rather have a manager giving you top 4 football every season and European football, whilst entertaining.

arsenal-top-division-league-table-record.png

12 hours ago, INCRED said:

And Man Ure still have the balls to say the attendance v Palarse was 75000 when the actual attendance was 31824

Archived