IGNORED

James Milner

AshtonGreat

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Dier, Alli , wilshire (if fit) 

Wilshere 100% on his day on a big game is a fantastic player. A few of his performances have been among my favorite ever, his one against Barcelona when he announced himself and the one against Brazil at Wembley. Guy has every attribute needed to succeed, passing, vision, fantastic driving play on the ball. But his legs are made of fibreglass. 

7 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Wilshere 100% on his day on a big game is a fantastic player. A few of his performances have been among my favorite ever, his one against Barcelona when he announced himself and the one against Brazil at Wembley. Guy has every attribute needed to succeed, passing, vision, fantastic driving play on the ball. But his legs are made of fibreglass. 

Don't disagree he's talented, but being he's not played a first team game for donkey's years, and gets injured by strong breezes, it would be pretty mental if he got a place on the plane this summer, when serval other eligible players have been playing out of their skin this season.

Maybe next World Cup, if he can play more than zero games a season.

I think the luxury Milner brings you is that he can play in multiple positions and therefore you don't need an extra man for certain areas. 

However his lack of quality in international football was apparent against Holland. Personally would love the team to be blooded with all youngsters. Alli Barkley Dier 

Virtually all the pundits rate Milner very highly and as most of them are ex pro footballers who played the highest level, they should know. 

He brings stability to the left side, works tirelessly, tracks back, crosses a decent ball, and can nick a goal but the bottom line is that Hodgeson rates him and that means he'll start in for England in the Euros

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Dier, Alli , wilshire (if fit) 

FFS Jack  Wilshire.  Call me old fashioned but I think you need to have actually played football for a decent side regularly to be considered.  Personally, I think he'd last about 5 minutes if we're playing the high pressing energetic game that we saw against Germany and that Leicester, Liverpool and Spurs play.  

Hodgson should play Kane up top on his own, have Vardy, Sturridge and Rooney in reserve and pick players able to play high pressing, energetic football.  That means Alli, Milner, Dier, Welbeck, Vardy,  Drinkwater, Lallana,Henderson (if fit)  

It doesn't mean Rooney, Sturridge, Wilshire, Walcott, Barkley.  They're used to different style of play and will be useful as substitutes as Barkley was late on in Germany.  Watch the first half of the Germany game again and see how many times we either caught them in possession or put them under severe pressure.  Mostly it was triggered by Lallana closing a defender but what was impressive was the way the likes of Henderson, Alli and Welbeck followed his lead and we scared them and sowed the seeds for the comeback even though we leaked goals (That's the thing to be concerned about).  

It's taken the likes of Pochettino and Klopp some time to install this in their players - would be a shame to ditch it for certain disappointment with slower, less intelligent and less energetic players being used.  We aren't as technically good as the best sides but we do have players who can play in such a way as to pressurise them out of their comfort zone and take advantage. 

9 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I think the luxury Milner brings you is that he can play in multiple positions and therefore you don't need an extra man for certain areas. 

However his lack of quality in international football was apparent against Holland. Personally would love the team to be blooded with all youngsters. Alli Barkley Dier 

Barkley wouldn't be anywhere near my starting XI. He's been abject for weeks. Wilshere is Darren Anderton mark II and was never world-class anyway. Neither is Milner of course, but the point is he's now finally emerging out of the shadow of Gerrard and Lampard, was recently given the captain's armband, is enjoying getting regular games at Liverpool and in response is now marrying his usual reliability with a genuine attacking threat

15 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Barkley wouldn't be anywhere near my starting XI. He's been abject for weeks. Wilshere is Darren Anderton mark II and was never world-class anyway. Neither is Milner of course, but the point is he's now finally emerging out of the shadow of Gerrard and Lampard, was recently given the captain's armband, is enjoying getting regular games at Liverpool and in response is now marrying his usual reliability with a genuine attacking threat

I'm intrigued to see your England team.  Please reveal all

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Virtually all the pundits rate Milner very highly and as most of them are ex pro footballers who played the highest level, they should know. 

He brings stability to the left side, works tirelessly, tracks back, crosses a decent ball, and can nick a goal but the bottom line is that Hodgeson rates him and that means he'll start in for England in the Euros

Yes, he does all of that and sometimes you have to bow to the pros' knowledge on these matters.

As a fan I see him as steady and unexceptional but you can't have a team of Matt Le Tissiers as it would lose every game; albeit in a spectacularly entertaining manner.

Milner will definitely be going to the euros. Roy likes him almost as much as he likes Welbeck and Rooney.

He's got experience, stamina and versatility but he's not the most exciting player to watch. Guess we need a bit of experience as the rest of our squad is pretty young and exciting.

I just hope an inform Andy Carroll will be going and playing. When he's fit and on form he's a brilliant target man.

46 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What has Wilshire done this season to earn a place there?

Exactly, despite Rashford bursting onto the scene at Man Utd with a flurry of goals, Roy said it's very unlikely he'll take the youngster to the Euros because he 'would be taking the place of someone who probably deserved to be there more' but then he said Wilshire has a chance of going if he's fit!!!!

So Rashford would be robbing someone's place but Wilshire wouldn't be?!

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Exactly  waste of  a squad member as Walcott oxide an to a degree sturridge

Obviously put in Milner and all the oldies, don't take a risk, don't bring on youth because of the fear of failure. The new crop of players, who play in the Prem day in day out are obviously not mature enough to do the job, even if Ali and Barkley have more talent in one toe than the huffer and puffer has in his whole body. Remember, Rooney was selected for his first Euros playing (not ever present) for a very average Everton team and did rather well, unlike his subsequent 

appearances  in finals when playing for a very successful Man Utd!!!!!  Let the boys play and leave the oldies on the bench!

Archived