IGNORED

mk dons go from highest scorers in football league to lowest scorers in just one season

wallaceboy

No love for MK Dons, but anticipate them being back in contention next season.

Their season has illustrated the risk in relying too heavily on loan players though; they lost the scorers of over 49 goals at various points last year (Jan/Summer) through returning loans - Afobe, Grigg, Alli (counting him, as the cashed in early) and even Cole - no surprise they struggle this time out when they bought no one to replace them.

Reckon they won't struggle to again attract decent quality loans for that level, but just think in the Championship other clubs are more attractive, both to the loanees and loaners.

Hope we take this lesson on board and look to full-time acquire our key players.

15 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Watching their highlights, the keeper is an utter bomb scare.

Will be interesting to see if they can bounce back, but having already lost the players referenced above, it'll be a huge task.

and to think we we're looking at him!

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

If AFC Wimbledon win the play offs, Winkleman must be left thinking was it worth it. In fact I think he's already admitted it was a mistake...

I was wondering that too.

I really, really hope AFC can manage to reach League One next year, if only to show what a crock of carp it was allowing Milton Keynes to just be given a league team.

Imagine any games between the two would have a little more edge than the 'derbies' MK try and claim against Peterborough.

17 minutes ago, samo II said:

I was wondering that too.

I really, really hope AFC can manage to reach League One next year, if only to show what a crock of carp it was allowing Milton Keynes to just be given a league team.

Imagine any games between the two would have a little more edge than the 'derbies' MK try and claim against Peterborough.

They`ll have a tasty couple of games v Northampton next season too - no love lost there.

Personally I can see them going down again - there doesn`t seem to be any heart left and their fans seem to be relying on someone buying Alli from Spurs and them getting a hefty sell on as they think that`s the only way they`ll get anyone decent in.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`ll have a tasty couple of games v Northampton next season too - no love lost there.

Personally I can see them going down again - there doesn`t seem to be any heart left and their fans seem to be relying on someone buying Alli from Spurs and them getting a hefty sell on as they think that`s the only way they`ll get anyone decent in.

What player would want to play at Stadium MK? Apart from a last resort option. 

Archived