IGNORED

Bolton & Charlton: is it going to far to say....

Jack Dawe

Not that I think we should worry about the teams below next year, I see several teams who could be much worse off than us next year:

Burton

Blackburn - huge debt and off field problems.

Fulham - Debt, embargo, will probably lose RM and MD.

Brentford - lack of funds?

Leeds - Happy Sacky Cellino 

Forest - if they don't emerge from their embargo I think they will struggle next season.

Villa too if they don't find a buyer soon. Even with parachute payments (£60 million over 3 years), a current operating cost of over £140 million cannot be sustained in the championship.

With some sound investment in the team, new completed stadium, the club on a stable financial footing and continued momentum from the end of this season, no reason we should only look at the teams above us.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not that I think we should worry about the teams below next year, I see several teams will be much worse off than us next year:

Burton

Blackburn - huge debt and off field problems.

Fulham - Debt, embargo, will probably lose RM and MD.

Brentford - lack of funds?

Leeds - Happy Sacky Cellino 

Forest - if they don't emerge from their embargo I think they will struggle next season.

Villa too if they don't find a buyer soon. Even with parachute payments (£60 million over 3 years), a current operating cost of over £140 million cannot be sustained in the championship.

With some sound investment in the team, new completed stadium, the club on a stable financial footing and continued momentum from the end of this season, no reason we should only look at the teams above us.

This is good stuff, already safe for May 2017 it seems.  Is it too early to celebrate?

8 hours ago, chipdawg said:

And if he had tits, my uncle would be my Aunty

And if I had a blanket I could put my head under it.

Why can't people talk about city on this forum?

I'm over the moon we managed to stay up and for me I will judge Lee and the board on what we do next.

5 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I actually agree with the original post. While everyone else is correct, one of the reasons we went down was because we underestimated the league. When our rivals got  better, we neglected to improve in favour of trying to trim the fat.

My main worry for next season is that the board will see that we survived, and as a result will deem the squad we currently have to be sufficient enough to secure survival again.

The squad we currently have once you strip out the loan players is hardly enough to put out a team and fill the bench. Even the Board of Directors at Bristol City can work that one out let alone Mr Charisma and Lee Johnson. There will be a lot of incoming this summer, that is beyond doubt, we've just got to hope it is of good quality so that we can have a more comfortable season next time round. There were ego games being played between Cotterill and the Board last summer and, as always, the paying punter was the loser.

Cotterill could easily have changed things in the way that Pemberton and subsequently Johnson did but his ego prevented him from doing it and we are just another in the list of clubs that have kicked him out. A shame after he delivered one of the most successful seasons in the club's history only months earlier. But the current Manager is doing the job and we all move on.

Archived