IGNORED

Attendance 2016/2017 SELL OUT

Motorwayman

With Championship football guaranteed for another season and a fabulous new stand completed, and ground now completed-What do you think the average gate will increase too? And how many games will be a sell out?

I am going for 19,000 and a sell out for the first home match of the season and perhaps another 3 or 4 times, any thoughts..... 

8 minutes ago, Motorwayman said:

With Championship football guaranteed for another season and a fabulous new stand completed, and ground now completed-What do you think the average gate will increase too? And how many games will be a sell out?

I am going for 19,000 and a sell out for the first home match of the season and perhaps another 3 or 4 times, any thoughts..... 

Selling out the first match will depend on the opposition. 27,000 people aren't going to show up to watch Burton Albion.

Our 'sold out' matches have all been somewhat lower than the official ground capacity. The old AG also never seemed to get up to its official capacity. Segregation, ST holders not turning up maybe? Never was quite sure why.

Would be interesting to know what will qualify as sold-out next season.

Assuming the away section is full I suspect we will be nearer 25k than 27k when we fill the ground. What do others think?

I think the club should sell all seats in all stands for £10 for the first game. We have seen before how this influences attendance even for less attractive opponents.

Make the completion of the stadium an event, immediately entice the casual fan to experience the new Ashton Gate, and ensure the stadium is looking full for its grand unveiling to the world.

So many benefits to doing this as a one-off and worth making a loss if that's what it takes.

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I'm not sure we'll be able to get 27,000. There are always seats that can't be used for one reason or another, suspect in reality around 26,000 will be the max we'll ever get.

Much less than old capacity issues - only the atyeo segregation will reduce the capacity and I think those seats are removed thus not counted anyway 

If however Bristol do manage to make it to the top flight rugby wise what do we reckon they'll average? Sell outs against Bath and Glos.. Maybe even Exeter?  They could be getting higher average than football though maybe? 

Average will be 18,386. I don't think there will be a league sell out due to the restrictions on away fans allocation. If Newcastle get relegated and they are given extra in the top tier of the West Stand (highly unlikely) it could be a sell out. A cup match against a good Premiership team should sell out, or even better against Rovers. 

I think we would sell a lot of tickets if we hit the amount needed to open top tier.

I for one would return from London if I could get a top tier ticket, i want to experience it and it's very unlikely to happen often therefore once we get there I wouldn't be surprised if we sold out completely the first few times. 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

We will average about 17-18k next season

Talk of 20k+ is pretty laughable 

Unlikely perhaps but why laughable? We have no idea how we will do on the pitch and a competitive city team could see averages hit 20k. Your estimation is probably right though. About 18k.

Archived