IGNORED

no walk round pitch Saturday ?

WarksRed

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A tad harsh maybe, but IMO 'laps of honour' when you've achieved nothing belong in the 'modern football irritants' thread!

The stadium will be 2/3rds empty come full time let alone 15 minutes after. 

Not really a lap of honour though is it, it's more of the players saying thank you to the fans.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not really a lap of honour though is it, it's more of the players saying thank you to the fans.

Yeah I get that, but a simple walk over to all four..well, three...stands and a quick clap I think is sufficient. Don't see that it needs to turn into a 'coordinated' event to come back out after full time and do it. 

If you've got something to celebrate, a la 14/15 then completely different scenario. 

All IMO of course...maybe it's just me being miserable!

25 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A tad harsh maybe, but IMO 'laps of honour' when you've achieved nothing belong in the 'modern football irritants' thread!

I agree - this is about as irritating as a few dozen running onto the pitch at the end of the last home game in similar circumstances....

42 minutes ago, semblar said:

I agree - this is about as irritating as a few dozen running onto the pitch at the end of the last home game in similar circumstances....

Woohoo - pitch invasion.  I'm up for this. When will it start?  Which train are we getting?

I'm sure the players will want to say a little thanks to the fans and vice versa.  Doesn't need to be a full blown thing like last season, but they did a lap at the end of 13/14.  Joe got Martin Paterson's shirt.  His words were "here you go son, you might as well have it, I've been shit in it!"

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm sure the players will want to say a little thanks to the fans and vice versa.  Doesn't need to be a full blown thing like last season, but they did a lap at the end of 13/14.  Joe got Martin Paterson's shirt.  His words were "here you go son, you might as well have it, I've been shit in it!"

Agree with that, has been kind of a custom now. Not a lap of honour, but a lap of thanks really, thanks for your support, see you next season!

15 hours ago, jambodinho said:

Just do a lap of thanks straight after the game. Don't go in for 10 minutes then come back out with their kids. Now that is embarrassing unless you've won the league or promotion. 

Just quick lap mind,and yes you're spot on,lap of thanks not lap of honour.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, WarksRed said:

nowhere, just if awards start in the sports bar at 6, will there be time ?

:laugh: - it doesn't take someone an hour to wash and change and get to the other end of the stadium

Anyway now confirmed THE PLAYERS WILL WALK AROUND THE PITCH AT THE END OF THE GAME

Archived