IGNORED

Championship automatics

Kodjias Wrist

Anybody watch the boro game? Didnt realise how tight the championship romotion spots were before tonights game, boro were unfortunate not to win with rhodes missing a couple of decent chances. 

I also didnt realise that boro have brighton at home last game of the season , the winner of that game most likely claiming automatic promotion. Cant imagine the nerves us city fans would have if we were in their situation

Wishful thinking but hopefully we can emulate brighton next year !

2 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Oddly other way round for me. Think its because im still bitter about the play off final of 2004. Find their fans also very smug.

Agree with this. Ideally they would be the ones to miss out.

But I think it will be Boro who end up in the playoffs.

advantage brighton.  if they win today then they have to be favourites to get auto spot just needing a draw at boro. burnley are sitting pretty and will win the league. from a betting perspective boro look a very good bet to win the playoffs, 8/1 before last nights game. havent looked what price they are now.

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

shame burnley couldn't miss out,horrible club with a chocolate manager 

I disagree, Burnley is a proper football club with an amazing history and very loyal fans. Over 20% of the town's population watched their last home game - that has to be one of the highest percentages in the country, that's like us getting a home crowd of around 100,000...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I disagree, Burnley is a proper football club with an amazing history and very loyal fans. Over 20% of the town's population watched their last home game - that has to be one of the highest percentages in the country, that's like us getting a home crowd of around 100,000...

My French team, EAG Guingamp, average over 14,000 or so which is practically double the size of the town! That's like us getting a home crowd of over 800,000! Imagine the bill SL would have to foot for the next upgrade of AG. 

Burnley & Hull (play-offs) to go up just so there`s two less teams with parachute payments next season plus Boro as I like the way they play (and Albert gets his dream of course).

I think Derby & Wednesday have gambled everything on going up so may well struggle (relatively for them) next season. Brighton I think will bottle it - they need the likes of Hemed and Knockeart to really perform to go up IMO.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing special in Bristol, there's a club that regularly has 150,000 fans locked out of away games.  

Be rather crap if Boro don't go up as a result of that rather poor offside decision last night.  Brighton have a tough fixture today being home to Derby. Wouldn't surprise me if all three were on 88 points come 5pm on Monday. 

As it stands 81 points would have been good enough for auto in 6/8 seasons - the top 5 could finish with more than that this year. 

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

shame burnley couldn't miss out,horrible club with a chocolate manager 

Don't get yourself in a Twix over Dyche. 

10 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Vice versa for me dont mind boro they have a passionate support. Not saying brighton dont but cant forgive them for leon knights last minute penalty in the playoff final :sad26:

I'm with you on this. Hope Brighton NEVER get to the Prem, so many irritating things about that club, here are just a few :

The play off final :facepalm:

John Byrne playing for them in the '80s

Ray Wilkins' brother playing for them in the '80s (flasher)

Crappy striped shorts they wore for a couple of seasons

Zamora getting a spawny winning goal in front of the Atyeo

Zamora

Knockaert has a face that needs a slap

Fatboy Slim and his irritating wife (Zoe Ball)

Mark McGhee

Adam Virgo

I will stop now.....

Archived