IGNORED

The price of Tomlin

Fordy62

19 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

You calling me stupid? !

Actually i was expecting to be castigated for mentioning a figure in the first place that might allert the Cherries; now you truly have opened a hornets nest. Stevie L will be calling u a duff Fordy in short fashion. ;)... Which, phew, puts me in the clear.

I think the accusation was meant for me!

5 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Over £3m.

Bournemouth signed Tomlin for £3m, they'll want to recoup their money and more, if they can't, they won't mind paying his wages. They're rich after all, stubborn too.

Not sure. I agree with Fordy in his value will have dropped. Think he'd be worth spending a lot on, but I don't think we'll need to. 

6 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Over £3m.

Bournemouth signed Tomlin for £3m, they'll want to recoup their money and more, if they can't, they won't mind paying his wages. They're rich after all, stubborn too.

You have to bear in mind he's aged 2 years since Bournemouth bought him though. That alone should decrease any sell on value. 

2m is a good price. I'll be over the moon if we sign him permenantly. Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Tomlin will not be cheap, his form for us will have alerted many. IMHO we would have to pay close to his Boro to the Cherries fee. 

Agree he'll not come cheap, think 2m would do it; which lets be honest is a steal anyway! B'mouth have a huge turnover being in next year's premier league, as daft as it sounds I doubt they'll care about bleeding the last £500k out of a player they don't want. 

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Agree he'll not come cheap, think 2m would do it; which lets be honest is a steal anyway! B'mouth have a huge turnover being in next year's premier league, as daft as it sounds I doubt they'll care about bleeding the last £500k out of a player they don't want. 

And presumably they`re paying some of his wages now so if we did sign him that would stop. Like you said though, I can`t see them being spiteful enough to scupper a deal for the sake of what is to them, peanuts.

19 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Over £3m.

Hopefully the fact they have money behind them means they will be willing to take a little hit I terms of losing money on him

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Hopefully the fact they have money behind them means they will be willing to take a little hit I terms of losing money on him

I hope so too, however I think it's the opposite in football. They have the money meaning they have no reason to sell.

I'm building my hopes around that Bournemouth didn't want him as a new Prem team now they've easily survived and will surely spend more money they've even less use for him. Whether it's here or elsewhere I don't think he starts next season at Bournemouth.

Hopefully we've been talking for some time behind the scenes...

I noticed today just how much he guides and instructs the other players, especially the youngsters when they came on. It's like having another experienced coach, and he has the benefit of being on the pitch and able to influence the game. I would imagine Wilbraham's game time might lessen next season, so Tomlin would be ideal to take on this role as well as being an 'upgrade' too ( and I'm not meaning this unkindly). 

As I said in another thread, greedy me wants to see more of Tomlin. I don't want to say goodbye at QPR next week.

A nice little pantomime between him, the fans in the Atyeo and LJ at the walkaround. The crowd singing "sign him up" prompted Tomlin to point at LJ who interrupted his interview to turn to the crowd and indicate that they needed to tone it down, shaking his head and wagging his finger, with a big smile on his face... It's suggested that Tomlin would like to stay and that LJ is keen to get him for a reasonable fee/wages.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

A nice little pantomime between him, the fans in the Atyeo and LJ at the walkaround. The crowd singing "sign him up" prompted Tomlin to point at LJ who interrupted his interview to turn to the crowd and indicate that they needed to tone it down, shaking his head and wagging his finger, with a big smile on his face... It's suggested that Tomlin would like to stay and that LJ is keen to get him for a reasonable fee/wages.

Good stuff. He really does thrive on this sort of thing it seems. Do you think he`d get the same at Leeds, Wolves or Forest say where half the time you don`t know who the manager or owner is and the fans turn on you after one bad result due their sense of entitlement and inability to accept that they`re not famous any more?

It`s not all about money to some players. If he wants to stay at AG and become a real hero I have no doubt he will and providing we don`t make him a derogatory offer it ought to be a done deal.

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That's right just like Matt Smith . :shocking:

Not quite. Fulham weren't keen to sell him to a rival, happy for us to have him on loan but as soon as we got promoted, nope. 

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

In a way that's good news. Surely if things were tense or not going well between both parties neither would joke about it. The fact they both played along might be quite telling. :fingerscrossed:

Signing somebody of this quality is fine, but we are going to need another 2 or 3 marquee signings as well as Tomln to push on, and I'm not sure going by SL's interview he is willing to do this. Our defensive record this season should scare everybody at the club.

View from a Hudders fan

"Very impressed with Kodjia, took both his goals well. In fact all the four goals were well taken. The best player on the pitch, by a mile, was Lee Tomlin. He was fairly deep-lying in midfield most of the time, but sprayed the ball about beautifully and always looked a threat. God, I wish Town had him. He sliced SO easily through Town's, er, "defence" for his goal, but hit it fantastically into the top corner. He was always going to score. Fat bastard."

Archived