IGNORED

The price of Tomlin

Fordy62

37 minutes ago, screech said:

Signing somebody of this quality is fine, but we are going to need another 2 or 3 marquee signings as well as Tomln to push on, and I'm not sure going by SL's interview he is willing to do this. Our defensive record this season should scare everybody at the club.

Signing a player of Tomlins class maybe the indicator to others that we mean business and actually give us serious consideration unlike what happened last summer 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Signing a player of Tomlins class maybe the indicator to others that we mean business and actually give us serious consideration unlike what happened last summer 

And demonstrating/explaining to Tomlin that we are looking to further strengthen other areas to improve the whole team could help convince him to stay sign.

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Over £3m.

Bournemouth signed Tomlin for £3m, they'll want to recoup their money and more, if they can't, they won't mind paying his wages. They're rich after all, stubborn too.

2 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

You have to bear in mind he's aged 2 years since Bournemouth bought him though. That alone should decrease any sell on value. 

2m is a good price. I'll be over the moon if we sign him permenantly. Fingers crossed. 

Fromthese two posts, Bournemouth payed £3m for a player they no longer want and didn't cut it in the Prem. I think £2m will do it, maybe less if we pay his contract. Then his wages may come do-able 

BUT.....What if we signed him permanently and he turned out to be Tony Dinning the second????:shocking:

How disappointing would THAT be?

As was said to me today...it takes a special kind of player to make JET look ordinary. That player is Lee Tomlin.

Most gifted player we've had on our books since Jacki.

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Interesting views on the Bournemouth forum about him, after todays goal. 

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=75704&start=21&posts=28

Be fair to say, mixed.

Since when did Bournmouth fans become billy big Bollocks. Oh yeah how that they have got into the land of milk and honey.

Give it 1 year 2 max.Then there thoughts on football. will be there with the gas!!!

5 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Have you some inside information ? If not why the confidence?

At the end of Blackburn game, tomlin was talking to their centre back was on the big screen. Both esp Blackburn lad were trying to hide their mouths, but I lip read lee saying its a good club. Looks like he was advocating a move here to him, as Blackburn are in disarray. I think he likes it here and wants to stay. 

5 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

You have to bear in mind he's aged 2 years since Bournemouth bought him though. That alone should decrease any sell on value. 

2m is a good price. I'll be over the moon if we sign him permenantly. Fingers crossed. 

He only went there last summer?

1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

At the end of Blackburn game, tomlin was talking to their centre back. Both esp Blackburn lad were trying to hide their mouths, but I lip read lee saying its a good club. Looks like he was advocating a move here to him, as Blackburn are in disarray. I think he likes it here and wants to stay. 

Which centre back?  Hanley?  I wonder if Flint did go, whether Duffy might be a good signing?

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

Interesting views on the Bournemouth forum about him, after todays goal. 

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=75704&start=21&posts=28

Be fair to say, mixed.

One thing on there that hasn't been considered, Bournemouth may want to use him as a makeweight for a deal of their own.

They're interested in Lewis Cook from Leeds, if they want to offer up Tomlin to help get that over the line there might not be much we or even he could do about it, even if he wants to come here.

Hate to put a downer on things! :(

3 hours ago, bcfctim said:

One thing on there that hasn't been considered, Bournemouth may want to use him as a makeweight for a deal of their own.

They're interested in Lewis Cook from Leeds, if they want to offer up Tomlin to help get that over the line there might not be much we or even he could do about it, even if he wants to come here.

Of course that depends on whether the player wants to go there.

As mentioned further up the thread the instability of Leeds may not be good for a player like Tomlin

• Admin
4 hours ago, bcfctim said:

But if they sold him to us they could use the cash from his sale in any deal to sign Cook. Then Leeds could sign a player they had scouted themselves, not just offered to reduce a fee paid.

4 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Theres a link to stockhausens twitter on that bournemouth link, big news in the next evening post after stockhausen asked tomlin if he wants to stay yesterday.... interesting!

Looks like it's the one from a couple of weeks ago that lead to that Post article at the same time 

If we are really serious about putting a squad together to make an impact on this division then surely we must make Tomlin a permanent signing. What a statement it would make about the club's intentions and determination to put right last year's farce of a transfer window. Unfortunately a failure to sign him would for me suggest that the Board are not prepared to invest sufficiently to progress the club. I think the signing or not of Lee Tomlin is a massive indicator of the clubs intentions.

3 minutes ago, Redandy said:

If we are really serious about putting a squad together to make an impact on this division then surely we must make Tomlin a permanent signing. What a statement it would make about the club's intentions and determination to put right last year's farce of a transfer window. Unfortunately a failure to sign him would for me suggest that the Board are not prepared to invest sufficiently to progress the club. I think the signing or not of Lee Tomlin is a massive indicator of the clubs intentions.

Agreed. Sl says he wants prem football, at some point we will need high end championship players to do it. Its clearly not cheap to bring them in but both matthews and tomlin fit the bill, if you dont sign them then at least the fan base will know what the aspirations are.

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think the accusation was meant for me!

Is that right, rightyo. ;)

9 hours ago, bcfctim said:

If you hate it why do it then? You have completely ruined my weekend now :(

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

But if they sold him to us they could use the cash from his sale in any deal to sign Cook. Then Leeds could sign a player they had scouted themselves, not just offered to reduce a fee paid.

I certainly hope so! Just offering up a potential explanation because you know that should we not be able to get him in for whatever reason they'll be an outcry of "we've got no ambition", "clearly don't want to get to the Prem" etc etc

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Tomlin has his own thread on the Huddersfield forum.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/100370/lee-tomlin

Some deluded sorts on there - they will struggle next season, surprised they did as well as they have this season.

They mentioned on there that Tomlin has scored 16 goals in 15 starts. I wiki'd it and it says the same on there. I know he's scored goals but where has this 16 come from? 

Hopefully potential suitors don't take Wiki too seriously 

3 minutes ago, Redtone said:

They mentioned on there that Tomlin has scored 16 goals in 15 starts. I wiki'd it and it says the same on there. I know he's scored goals but where has this 16 come from? 

Hopefully potential suitors don't take Wiki too seriously 

Had me confused too, think he's got about 5 since joining

Archived