IGNORED

Well Done

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

So what is your view on anonymous people who are prepared to post something that is not true?

Are they not letting people down?

Is that not a bit weird and spooky?

Well as I was the opposite side of the ground I have no idea whether what was posted was true or not. You are saying it's not true, he/she thinks it is true. Unless I see something with my own eyes how do I know who's right or wrong? All I have mentioned is what I heard, that bit is true and it's disappointing that a few of our own fans think they can call another section of our own fans ####.

3 minutes ago, screech said:

Well as I was the opposite side of the ground I have no idea whether what was posted was true or not. You are saying it's not true, he/she thinks it is true. Unless I see something with my own eyes how do I know who's right or wrong? All I have mentioned is what I heard, that bit is true and it's disappointing that a few of our own fans think they can call another section of our own fans ####.

And what would your view be of anonymous people who are prepared to post things that are not true?

Are they not letting the club down? Is that not weird and spooky?

5 minutes ago, WTMS said:

And what would your view be of anonymous people who are prepared to post things that are not true?

I didn't see fighting either, but enough people saw some sort of a tussle to suggest to me it definitely happened.

These things kick off from time-to-time. They're unfortunate and usually the result of some clowns who can't handle their ales, but twas ever thus. No biggie.

More concerning as @Bar BS3 points out in his very well argued post, was the rerun of the c- chant at the Dolman.

As BB points out, this "jest" is completely counterproductive,  undermining a lot of good work by many people in that area, and as this thread demonstrates - creating a divide among supporters and bad feeling.

It's time to cut it out.

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

There isn't any way to answer that question specific to this matter because for one, I don't know the person that posted this topic, I don't know if this happened as I wasn't there, I don't know if the person was there and saw it, I don't know if he was told in good faith that it happened, I don't know if somebody told him/her a lie and they don't know this but have chosen to post this info on.

I do remember somebody once posted on here that we were signing Derek Riordan? and thought that this was true because they worked in the office of the company that uploaded this news, it turns out it was a lie because somebody in that office wanted to find out who was leaking this news. So is this person bad for posting something they believed to be true?

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I didn't see fighting either, but enough people saw some sort of a tussle to suggest to me it definitely happened.

These things kick off from time-to-time. They're unfortunate and usually the result of some clowns who can't handle their ales, but twas ever thus. No biggie.

More concerning as @Bar BS3 points out in his very well argued post, was the rerun of the c- chant at the Dolman.

As BB points out, this "jest" is completely counterproductive,  undermining a lot of good work by many people in that area, and as this thread demonstrates - creating a divide among supporters and bad feeling.

It's time to cut it out.

People metres away have a different view.

There are unfortunately people on Otib prepared to invent things because they resent others doing something different. It happened with the Eastend, it happens with flag days and it happens with the Atyeo.

Its freakish and spooky.  

6 minutes ago, screech said:

There isn't any way to answer that question specific to this matter because for one, I don't know the person that posted this topic, I don't know if this happened as I wasn't there, I don't know if the person was there and saw it, I don't know if he was told in good faith that it happened, I don't know if somebody told him/her a lie and they don't know this but have chosen to post this info on.

I do remember somebody once posted on here that we were signing Derek Riordan? and thought that this was true because they worked in the office of the company that uploaded this news, it turns out it was a lie because somebody in that office wanted to find out who was leaking this news. So is this person bad for posting something they believed to be true?

If I make up something about you and post it on a public forum. Call me at least an arsehole ..

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

If I make up something about you and post it on a public forum. Call me at least an arsehole ..

Are you saying I didn't hear some fans calling the Dolman #####. This is getting weird and spooky.

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

People metres away have a different view.

There are unfortunately people on Otib prepared to invent things because they resent others doing something different. It happened with the Eastend, it happens with flag days and it happens with the Atyeo.

Its freakish and spooky.  

If it was all over quickly it's possible to be metres away and not see it. Or perhaps these people felt the tone of this thread was overly antagonistic towards S82 and they didn't want to give the OP and others ammunition?

Witnesses  have said,  it involved one over-enthusiastic/power crazy steward and I definitely heard some sort of crowd commotion there, unconnected with events on the pitch, and calls of w***er aimed at someone within that stand.

But tbh, it's was hardly an unheard of situation and we've had similar from time-to-time in every stand. 

Even to call it a fight sounds like going to far. Some minor tussle and a bit of a fleeting disturbance seems a better description. 

Not a big deal and definitely not a stick to beat the Atyeo fans with.

6 minutes ago, screech said:

Are you saying I didn't hear some fans calling the Dolman #####. This is getting weird and spooky.

No. I am clearly posting about the non outbreak of fighting Saturday.

1 hour ago, WTMS said:

No. I am clearly posting about the non outbreak of fighting Saturday.

As an irregular poster who views more threads than actually posts, I must admit that I am frequently unsure if I agree or not with you, because clarity on what you mean is exactly the thing that is lacking ... only can claim for me of course,  as I wouldn't be brash enough to speak on behalf of anyone else.

Gut feel is you love Bristol City FC and have the fans at heart, but this does sometimes get lost in what to my uneducated eye is a mixture of speak which could emanate from a politician or a philosopher, including lots of questions answered with questions.

However, I do enjoy your jousts with various people so hey ho.

COYR

It was sung briefly I would assume it was sung because of the massive overreaction on this very forum (Otib over reaction shocker!) last week. After it was then followed "dolman cannot take a joke" & "we love you dolman" clearly all very tongue in cheek! Apprently the dolman responded with with "we pay your benefits" - good laugh again no harm done & no 4 page spread from ayteo fans having a hissy fit over something another stand sang.

as for the the "fight" there was nothing from what I could see just an over zealous steward & a mouthy young lad

• The topic was locked

Archived