IGNORED

League One Promotions

Robin101

Wigan promoted as champions.

Burton Albion as good as promoted.

Millwall, Bradford and Walsall all in the play-offs.

Barnsley or S****horpe (who have won 6 in 7) for the 6th placed spot.

Who do you want to see come up? Burton have achieved back-to-back promotions...you'd think they'd be favourites for relegation. I think Wigan will be fine. If S****horpe could sneak into the play-offs then with their form they could win it! With an eye on safety next year...I'd like S****horpe or Walsall to come up. 

Dont forget the Gills could still make the play offs. Barnsley and Scunny have tough fixtures in their final games.

Other than Wigan that league has been woeful this season. I would expect Burton and whoever else comes up to struggle 

Millwall. As a London based supported I'm gutted Charlton are going down (as I live 20 mins away), so Millwall would be a replacement. Was going to say a good replacement but that's going too far. 

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Millwall. As a London based supported I'm gutted Charlton are going down (as I live 20 mins away), so Millwall would be a replacement. Was going to say a good replacement but that's going too far. 

Same here. Have lost Charlton and MK Dons as local(ish) games and also possibly Brighton. Am interested in making the trip to Burton though - just because it's somewhere different.

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Its okay, I'll take the flack and post what half of us feel but don't want to post.

Millwall surely?

Who really wants to go to a quiet well run family club? How boring.

Millwall always bring an edge to things.  I agree.

Not the last time they came to AG they didn`t. Only brought about 50 on a night game and it wasn`t all ticket. First time I can ever remember that against them. My brother in law is a `wall fan and came with me and he couldn`t believe how poor their support was.

4 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Millwall always bring an edge to things.  I agree.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Its okay, I'll take the flack and post what half of us feel but don't want to post.

Millwall surely?

Who really wants to go to a quiet well run family club? How boring.

Yep. Another London trip and usually a good atmosphere. Do we really want to be playing Walsall, Gillingham or Barnsley again?

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not being aggressive, genuine question, why are they a "myth" ?

Loads of media fans (especially Danny Baker) whereas the truth is their actual support is pisspoor, 7,500 for a game last month..

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Loads of media fans (especially Danny Baker) whereas the truth is their actual support is pisspoor, 7,500 for a game last month..

Ok fair enough, can't think of many 'media fans' other than Danny, and can't recall them talking themselves up to anything more than a club with '7,500' fans - have I missed something?

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok fair enough, can't think of many 'media fans' other than Danny, and can't recall them talking themselves up to anything more than a club with '7,500' fans - have I missed something?

DB is a proper Millwall fan. He was born a five minute walk from The Den and if you`ve read his books he went home and away with his dad in the seventies and eighties and had his fair share of kickings back in the day. He was only saying the other day on 5live that he feels guilty for infecting his son as he now goes to watch them with him. I met him once and all he wants to talk about is lower league football or music from the seventies.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

DB is a proper Millwall fan. He was born a five minute walk from The Den and if you`ve read his books he went home and away with his dad in the seventies and eighties and had his fair share of kickings back in the day. He was only saying the other day on 5live that he feels guilty for infecting his son as he now goes to watch them with him. I met him once and all he wants to talk about is lower league football or music from the seventies.

Yeh, sorry fella, I wasn't trying to say DB isn't a proper fan I meant he is the only high profile, 'in the media'Millwall fan I could think of.

I remember a great comment on his radio show when he said a Millwall fan approached him at a game and said 'I never saw you down here before you were famous..' to which DB replied 'Well how would have known if you'd seen me or not before I was famous?!' 

Archived